• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone used these dosing pumps

It's pretty normal for Chinese WiFi products to use the 2.4ghz channel, this is true across home automation products.
I've not got a doser so cannot test. But it might be possible to have a spare android device (cheap tablet) in the house that can be always connected, therefore in the event of a power outage, when the device comes back online, the app sees it and then sets up the time again.
If it's connecting to 2.4ghz then it's connecting to the local router rather then creating its own local net, which does bring about the possibility of a remote connection from outside the home, however that's probably beyond the scope of hobby.

It also brings about the possibility of grabbing the commands out of the air and creating other possibilities. Again though, that's a case of effort Vs reward.
I've done similar things to use a raspberry pi as a trigger to send commands to a GoPro (GoPro remote would usually require being in close proximity and connecting to its own broadcast network) and also scalextric!

I set the Jebao 3.4 to dose 5ml from channel 1 at 19:45.

I then switched the Jebao 3.4 off at the plug.

I then turned off my WiFi on my phone.

Left it 1 minute.

Turned the Jebao 3.4 back on at the plug.

Within 20 seconds the Jebao 3.4 had rebooted and connected to my router, showing power on mode.

At 19:45 Malaysia time today the Jebao 3.4 pumped 5ml via channel 1.

Only then did I turn my WiFi back on my phone.

Conclusion: The Jebao 3.4 will recover from a power loss and continue to run the preset programmes without any further action required.

I set the Jebao 3.4 to dose 5ml from channel 1 at 19:45.

I then switched the Jebao 3.4 off at the plug.

I then turned off my WiFi on my phone.

Left it 1 minute.

Turned the Jebao 3.4 back on at the plug.

Within 20 seconds the Jebao 3.4 had rebooted and connected to my router, showing power on mode.

At 19:45 Malaysia time today the Jebao 3.4 pumped 5ml via channel 1.

Only then did I turn my WiFi back on my phone.

Conclusion: The Jebao 3.4 will recover from a power loss and continue to run the preset programmes without any further action required.

This suggests it's onboard chip is pulling time from internet clock, presumably during initial setup you had to input your timezone?
Negates any need to mess around with remote access, set and forget.

For anyone who suffers with power cuts or has concerns about them, it could be worth using a wifi plug that restores it's pre power cut status, just for the benefit of setting up an ifttt to let you know there was a power interruption👍

This suggests it's onboard chip is pulling time from internet clock, presumably during initial setup you had to input your timezone?
Negates any need to mess around with remote access, set and forget.

For anyone who suffers with power cuts or has concerns about them, it could be worth using a wifi plug that restores it's pre power cut status, just for the benefit of setting up an ifttt to let you know there was a power interruption👍

Yes, it's set and forget.

I believe it takes the time zone setting from your phone on initial setup, because it doesn't ask for this information.

I have my Jebao 3.4 set up in phone WiFi mode, but their is a second option to set it up in AP Network Mode where it uses its inbuilt WiFi signal to create a LAN network.

I've not used this mode other than to see its possible and that my phone found JeboaWifi3643 - the WiFi signal coming from the Jebao 3.4.

Last edited:
Hiya Andrew, I just ran a quick test, I set the doser to dose in 5 minute as you suggested, and unplug device for 10 seconds, after I replugged the device, it did dose the amount and at the set time. 🙂

Last edited:
I just tried another test, i turned my WiFi off my phone, to see if it would still connect to device through my mobile network, for me it connected and I was able to manually turn dose device and dose.

I'm not sure how that would be possible @steveno - the Jebao 3.4 is a WiFi device. If your WiFi is off I don't see how you could communicate with it.

The Jebao 3.4 is not on your mobile network, it would need to have a SIM Card for your network and all the required electronics that go with cellular connection.

Hello Nick,

I'm not sure, I just reran the test again 😅, still seem to connect even thou i have WiFi turned of on my phone.

Screenshot_20200719-160529_One UI Home.jpg

Note my WiFi is turned off.

Screenshot_20200719-160609_Jebao Aqua.jpg

I can still connect, but I guess device is still connected to my router, which means i may able to connect remotely providing router is working, but yes agree you won't be able to connect device directly.

Last edited:
Hello Nick,

I'm not sure, I just reran the test again 😅, still seem to connect even thou i have WiFi turned of on my phone.

View attachment 152290

Note my WiFi is turned off.

View attachment 152291

I can still connect, but I guess device is still connected to my router, which means i may able to connect remotely providing router is working, but yes agree you won't be able to connect device directly.

Yeh, again, your router is a WiFi router. No WiFi = no connection.

Yeh, again, your router is a WiFi router. No WiFi = no connection.

Apologies, airhead moment...😅, of course if there no wifi there there's Internet, so of course you would be able to connect to device.

I was just try to see if you could connect to device remotely when you away from home.

Since this is the active dosing thread right now, can I be so rude as to ask, is there a really tiny doser folks know that can be concealed close to a nano tank and just dose say 1ml of liquid carbon/day?

Hello Ray, you could get a single channel unit, both Jaboa and DD make these, if set up correctly I don't see any reason why it couldn't dose only 1ml of liquid.

Reactions: Ray
Apologies, airhead moment...😅, of course if there no wifi there there's Internet, so of course you would be able to connect to device.

I was just try to see if you could connect to device remotely when you away from home.

No it's I who owe you an apology.

To my thinking the Jebao is only connected to your router and phone by WiFi.

Your phone also can't connect to your router or any WiFi device via cellular network or cellular data connection (Internet)

So as soon as your WiFi is off, there is no way you can see or control the Jebao 3.4 with your phone.

..... Then I tried it. Yep - full control over Jebao 3.4 via mobile phone with WiFi switched off.

You are correct, but honestly I do not understand how this is working.

(Edit: So if it's not a WiFi connection, presumably you can control the Jebao 3.4 from anywhere in the world?)

Maybe worth making clear the testing people have run using WiFi are not for the D-D doser which this thread is about but about the Jebao 3.1 and 3.4 dosers.

To my knowledge the D-D connects direct using Bluetooth, BUT if there is a power outage then the D-D loses time and relies on you connecting to it with the app before it will function again.

I think any further commenting about the Jeboa 3.1 and 3.4 pumps be posted on the thread @steveno has kindly created.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/my-experience-using-a-jaboa-3-4-doser.61717/

Sorry again for spoiling your thread @Deano3

I dont mind i was learning a lot haha, still want a doser but no rush yet will keep eye on other thread.

Thanks everyone
Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back