• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone used this Silicone sealant?

I have been looking for silicone sealant to redo one of my old tanks.
Normal Aquarium shops silicone sealant is so expensive and mostly in small tubes.

I found this.
EVERBUILD® AquaMate® Sealant
One of the suppliers I use for my day job, does it for £5.60 for 295ml
All this time looking and there it is from a company I use for everything DIY as well as work. Ironic.

Has anyone used this on Aquariums and what is you opinion of it?

Thanks

It claims it is safe for aquaria, but bold print below says they don’t guarantee your livestock safety. That would concern me, and I find it interesting it has fungicide properties but “won’t harm” aquatic life. Normally we stay away from anything with with mold or fungus inhibitors. If it were me, I’d pass. Here in the US there are plenty of clear and black silicone options that cure non toxic and without mold inhibitors, I can’t imagine you couldn’t find something in your local hardware store cheaper and safe.

My apologies, I read wrong. It does not contain any mold/fungus inhibitors. I did circle where it says no guarantee on the data obtained for it though.
82C3E6CE-13D4-4C80-99AC-9376ECCFE76D.jpeg

Back