• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Apisto Heaven

I think I still want the sand - I like to see the full range of behavior in my fish. So how are you finding your split substrate? Are you getting much mixing of the AS and sand?

Papillo said:
I think I still want the sand - I like to see the full range of behavior in my fish. So how are you finding your split substrate? Are you getting much mixing of the AS and sand?

It's not too bad in this tank due to the high barriers but there has been quite a lot spilling through the gaps in the cobbles in my Rio tank. However every water change I just syphon them up with all the muck in the water change, rinse them off and put them back at the back of the tank. As it's so light and larger particles than the sand they sit on top rather than getting mixed in.

Will try later this week. Broke up on Friday now so might have a bit of time once I've finished a bit some work at school and then helped my mate put up a fence!

Back