• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Apistogramma Baenschi

johnny70

A few half decent pics of my Baenschi :D hope you like, these two hardly ever come to the front of the tank, so I'm pleased to have captured them.

Male_3371.jpg

Male_3363.jpg

Male_3356.jpg

Male_3355.jpg

Male_3352.jpg

Male_3347.jpg

Male_3346.jpg

Male_3340.jpg

Male_3332.jpg

Male_3331.jpg

Male_3329.jpg

Male_3328.jpg

Male_3326.jpg

MF_3341.jpg

Female_3359.jpg

Female_3357.jpg

Apisto-IMG_2717.jpg

Regards,
JOHNNY

not had any sucess yet! i have trifasciata in the same tank, they have spawned 4 times now, no survivers from the first 3, still got 3 weeks old ones at the moment, thinking of taking the baenschi's out, but i'm waiting to see if the dither's(pencils and hatchets) have any effect on the setup, I really don't want to take them out, but I may have too if they dont start breeding soon, as they don't live long i need to keep them going through fry:)

Sorry londondragon, I don't know the answer to that, but personally I would say no.

Thanks,
JOHNNY

LondonDragon said:
Now thats one great looking fish! Would I be able to keep these with Rainbows?
thanks for sharing the photos

Depends what the water conditions are and what rainbows you're talking about. For standard larger Melanotaenia in hard water; then no. However smaller species, such as M.praecox, Iriatherina werneri or any Pseudomugil spp. could work in softer, slightly acidic water. I've got Pseudomugil gertrudae that I'll be keeping with Biotoecus sp.'Tapajos' and they should be fine.

Unfortunately we lost the male a few weeks back, but the good news is before he passed he did manage to do the funcky chicken with his Mrs and we have some babies :D not a huge amount but at least 3 coming upto 1"TL. We have also had the Trifasciata spawning too.

We have also re done there home, went from a 30x12x15" to a 30x12x18" the pencils and hatchets seem much happier now. Going for the jungle look again, will take some growing in but thats half the fun isn't it?

IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7320.jpg

IMG_7327.jpg

Cheers,
JOHNNY

Back