• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Apistogramma cacatuoides

D3@NO

Seedling
Wonder if anybody can help, I'm looking for a male Apistogramma cacatuoide, unfortunately I resently lost my male (Ozzy) my Sharon looks a little lost without him. I've came across a pair (male n female) struggling to find a single male. Would it work with 2 females and 1 male?

Thanks in advance

Your current female is likely not going to be thrilled about interlopers in her territory :mad:

What size is the tank? footprint is important

Tank setup? re defining territories, breaking sight lines etc

Do you have leaf litter? Caves?

Other livestock?

Other tanks? in case you need to move one of the females (or the male)

Is the new “pair” you found an actual breeding pair or just a male and a female Apisto?

In a similar position with a single female Laetacara dorsigera. I've been tempted to try to move things around in the tank just prior to the introduction of a new male, as mentioned with plenty of hiding places, to try to avoid any serious territorial disputes, but still feels like something of a gamble to me.

Panic over guys, I've found a new male I'm well chuffed didn't want to rock the boat so to speak lol thanks for your thoughts

Sharon and Sanka have spawned

Attachments

• IMG_20190929_164035.jpg
    IMG_20190929_164035.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
Back