• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aponogeton madagascaris (lace plant) dormant phase

hellohefalump

My lace plant has stopped producing new leaves and the existing leaves are slowly starting to get old and rot.

I know aponogetons go through a dormant phase. Is this it? I've had it since last September, and it's consistantly produced two or three new leaves every week until about a month ago when growth suddenly stopped.

I haven't changed anything - if anything conditions have got better, since I introduced more flow, better CO2 diffusion, and more stable CO2. All my other plants are thriving.

Should I take it out of the tank and dry it out, or should I just leave it there and let it do it's thing?

Tom Barr says the dormant phase can be avoided by keeping it at a cooler temp. Don't know if this helps you.

I'm afraid it doesn't - my tank lights heat the tank up to 27degrees C! My heater thermostat is set to 24, but the heater light is hardly ever on (maybe at night) because the lights heat the water up so much.

Back