• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aponogeton Ulvaceus

phantomfisher

I have just received my first ever Aponogeton plants and I am unsure of the correct way to plant them in my tank.

They are fully formed Ulvaceus plants with around 10 green leaves per bulb from which there are long trailing roots. How deep to plant, should I trim the roots before planting, in fact any advice on the correct way to introduce these plants to my tank would be appreciate.

phantomfisher said:
I have just received my first ever Aponogeton plants and I am unsure of the correct way to plant them in my tank.

They are fully formed Ulvaceus plants with around 10 green leaves per bulb from which there are long trailing roots. How deep to plant, should I trim the roots before planting, in fact any advice on the correct way to introduce these plants to my tank would be appreciate.

basic rules apply to most plants, trim the roots to a couple of cm's, remove old/damaged leaves and plant, deepness should be until the bulb is covered and so the bottom of where the plants start isnt covered by substrate, otherwise they may rot.

Back