• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Appreciate your advice

Ahmad

Hello,

I just re-build the 150L planted tank.

Substrate: Tetra complete substrate / caped with Mix sand + zeo light sand
Light: 4 x 30w T8 90cm / but just 2 x 30w working 10 hours/day for now.
CO2: drop checker is almost yellow 24/7. (Cant control on/off the co2)
Water Flow: I think its ok since all the plants dancing slowly.

Fert: EI / I just followed the below guide and dose 10ml/50L
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgS4jAF9Lk&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLBB0C87C5841581FF
Macro Solution
Mix, Shake & Leave to Dissolve Overnight:
4tsp Potassium Nitrate
1tsp Potassium Phosphate
6tsp Magnesium Sulphate
500ml water

Micro Solution
Mix, Shake & Leave to Dissolve Overnight:
1tsp Chelated Trace Elements
500ml Water

Actually i'm tired from failing in planted tank, and now it's like a dream just to see the healthy plants and good growth, so I need every single advice from you guys.

some question:

1- Mix Sand + Zeo light sand is that will effect the plants growth ?
2- Is the light good enough at new start up.
3- I have issue in my other tank i will upload pic below, i want now what the reason behind the issue.
3- I will Appreciate any note or advice to make these plants grow in right way.

New setup tank:
gdB4gpW.jpg

voWICc7.jpg

C4He9YW.jpg

PS46Omy.jpg

TlMzo5K.jpg

OREGCOP.jpg

FIrMwY8.jpg

Plant Issue in other tank (full zeo light gravel):

0yxoayl.jpg

cT6UETs.jpg

AWBOQY1.jpg

w4zkR2F.jpg

Thank you in advance to all.

I far from an expert on these sort of things but a few things that stand out are, you say drop checker is yellow,a drop checker is only used as a guide and doesnt really give a good idea of co2 levels the best way is ph testing but as you run co2 24/7 thats a bit difficult,

Next you dont say how much and how often your doing water changes, in a high tech tank you need to be doing a minimum 50% daily for week one then 50% every 2 days on week 2 and so on, again this Is a guide imo the more you change and more often the better, im currently doing 80% everyday and am 3 weeks into my new scape,

And perhaps most notable issue is your lighting 2 x 30w is more than enough light so dont be tempted to use all 4 also a major issue is you photoperiod, 10 hours a day is far to much, on new setups 5 -6 hours is a good place to start, this can slowly be increased upto around 8 hours but imo this should be done over a few months and any light increase should only be done if theres no algae and all plants are healthy,

As I say im no expert this is just what stands out to me

Hth

Mark

I far from an expert on these sort of things but a few things that stand out are, you say drop checker is yellow,a drop checker is only used as a guide and doesnt really give a good idea of co2 levels the best way is ph testing but as you run co2 24/7 thats a bit difficult,

Next you dont say how much and how often your doing water changes, in a high tech tank you need to be doing a minimum 50% daily for week one then 50% every 2 days on week 2 and so on, again this Is a guide imo the more you change and more often the better, im currently doing 80% everyday and am 3 weeks into my new scape,

And perhaps most notable issue is your lighting 2 x 30w is more than enough light so dont be tempted to use all 4 also a major issue is you photoperiod, 10 hours a day is far to much, on new setups 5 -6 hours is a good place to start, this can slowly be increased upto around 8 hours but imo this should be done over a few months and any light increase should only be done if theres no algae and all plants are healthy,

As I say im no expert this is just what stands out to me

Hth

Mark

Thank you for reply,
I'm doing 60-70% WC 2 times/week

Back