• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APS 90 litre

So I better update been ages. Since my last update we have moved house and it needed some work done to it so the tank was neglected for a week or so. But here goes, since I wasn't doing regular maintenance I got some BBA but I started dosing 30ML of Glut which killed it right of.I added 12 Diamond Tetras as it a fish I have always wanted to keep, I dunno if the tank is too bright for them as they seem quite skittish or they just haven't settled in properly. So here is some shots of what it looks like now.

DSCF5502_zpsa5727173.jpg

The FTS ;)
DSCF5505_zps5efccc69.jpg

2 of the Diamond Tetras
DSCF5506_zpsfec75576.jpg

The right hand side
DSCF5509_zps0c3854bb.jpg

The left hand side
DSCF5512_zps9033de0f.jpg

moss growth
DSCF5513_zps451f2845.jpg

Just a wee macro shot of a small RCS.

Comments always welcome and hope you guys like the shots.

While I was adding the background to the tank I noticed the Pogostemon erectus's root system which is massive, then at closer inspection I noticed that its also growing on top of the sand creeping down to the middle. Would trimming the roots cause much damage to the plant if they get to far to the front?

Hello,
I would trim as much away as soon as possible. Mass tangle of roots does nothing but traps dirt which allows organic debris to collect and rot. Maybe vacuum the sediment in the vicinity during a large water change.

Cheers,

Back