• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APS Optiwhite Aquarium

Thanks Ryan...I'm thinking about maybe going large...120p large.
The last time I had a 120cm tank was some time ago in the distant past.
And thanks Dave.

Sorry to derail but has anyone else had experience with this APS tank? I'm interested in a rimless tank and was considering this one, but if they're all very low quality then I think I'll go for a different one.

I bought one, delivered today.

It's not as bad as Tim has shown; but not anywhere like an ADA tank. Silicone work is not perfect, and where they've trimmed it back a scratch can be seen. I ran my nail around the silicone, which took a small bit of silicone off (they haven't cleaned it up perfectly). I'll ask for a partial refund but overall happy with it. Amazon reviews have been positive too. I just don't think their build quality is top drawer.

I bought one, delivered today.

It's not as bad as Tim has shown; but not anywhere like an ADA tank. Silicone work is not perfect, and where they've trimmed it back a scratch can be seen. I ran my nail around the silicone, which took a small bit of silicone off (they haven't cleaned it up perfectly). I'll ask for a partial refund but overall happy with it. Amazon reviews have been positive too. I just don't think their build quality is top drawer.
Hi
Any pictures

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I don't have a camera that can focus in on small detail :(

If I got this from ADA/EA/TMC I'd be shocked; but from APS this seems about right. £75, and a bit of TLC this seems okay. As I said though, there's enough not right to get some money back I think.

Hello, further edit. Do not buy these tanks.

Yes, so, difficult to photo..

Where the 60cm panel, joins the base glass the silicone is about ~1mm in diameter, yes ~1mm strand of silicone. No idea how they've managed it, but that's not safe. So instead of having say 8mm by 1mm of silicone connecting the glass, for about 3 inches I have 1mm. Not good.

Also, glass is chipped on two corners :(.

They are shockingly poor quality...I guess you'll be sending it back.
If so, please keep us informed, hopefully their customer service has improved and you'll get a hassle free refund.

Sucks, I need a tank this size, and TGM have sold out of 120Ps - :(

APS have offered to refund and collect the aquarium (I did get macro photos in the end). Happy resolution.

Back