• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APS Optiwhite Aquarium

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I've been after an Aqua One AquaOpti for a while, and I've had a mare trying to get hold of one:(

First one had a manufacturing flaw.
Second one, ordered from a different company, failed delivery twice and then got damaged.
Third one, from yet another company, has been on order sine 13th June but didn't turn up in the wholesale delivery.

And now they're apparently discontinued:meh:

I give in...I think I'm going to go with APS. They do a very similar tank with a 40cm deep base which fits my IKEA hacked cabinet perfectly.

Anyone seen or used their optiwhite range?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Cle...-Litre-/311879526630?var=&hash=item8e316df407
upload_2017-6-23_11-16-28.png

I know, it's since been taken down form their website.
I didn't know APS did a rimless either, stumbled across it really. I emailed them and they replied conforming that the silicon is minimal and neat, and similar to the Aqua One tank.
They are exactly the same dimensions as well...could actually be the remaining end of line Aqua One stock but I guess I'll find out next week, I ordered one anyway;)

It might be. If im wrong the aqua tank doesn't have a logo on it so the aps might be the same as you say it is

This days now rimless tank are looking super nice and neat. I saw one in pets at home rimless very very neat and only £40 nano cube

Is that free delivery too? Well at lease you don't have to pick it up lol

Yes it's free delivery as well:)
I've seen those tanks in Pets @ Home too, pretty impressive really for a pet store...it seems our influence (aquascapers) is trickling down to the mainstream market;)

Good find Tim,

I keep mulling over the aquaopti so will be watching to see your opinions. I had a look at the link where it lists the dimensions as 800 x 400 x 450 so it's a bit bigger than the aquaopti - just wanted to check how you knew the 450 bit is the height and not the base as I'd hate to get to the point of it arriving for it to be too big.

Thanks Vandal...I was hoping someone else would be able to give me the benefit of their experience first:meh: But that's OK, I'll take one for the team;)
I've bought the 600 x 400 x 400 aquarium.

Ha ha all for the greater good and all that, hope the silicon work is a thing of beauty and you're over the moon with it when it comes.

It was the bigger one that caught my eye but I seem to be falling into the ADA fanboy trap of visiting the 75P daily - the draw is strengthing!

ATB

Took delivery of the APS tank today...I'm rather disappointed, especially given the advertising image above...
It's very poor quality, the silicon work isn't great at all.
It's been roughly cut along the seams, and there are random bits of dirt, air bubbles and a hair trapped in it.
Theres quite a bit of silicon residue and ingrained dirt around the seams.
And the end panel on one side is noticeably misaligned
Back to the drawing board...maybe 5th time lucky:meh:

35572149815_70f0fa810e_b.jpg

35404062952_45ebcb7f25_b.jpg

35404063452_d5a8a2ccb1_b.jpg

That's sh%t :(.
It's so sh%t it's almost funny:rolleyes:
Aw feeling it for you, bummer - go for the 75P you know you want to :)
Thanks Vandal...yeah I'm going to have a bit of a rethink - the Aqua One tank had immaculate silicon and fit my stand perfectly. I thought the APS tank might be a good alternative.

I have the aqua opti tank and i think it's pretty brill. Nice silicone and clean joins. Have you tried eBay? I got mine there 100quid delivered I thought quite a bargain.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tim,
Have you checked charterhouse as they've got them advertised in stock with 5-10 day delivery times
They did have, but since mine wasn't in their wholesale delivery they surmised that they are no longer available and have removed the AquaOpti 85 from their website.
Interesting. I guess that's why they're so cheap.
Yeah, I know what you mean George...you usually get what you pay for.
But I thought I was on pretty safe ground since it's only a fiver cheaper than the Aqua One tank; the silicone on that is immaculate:meh:
Have you tried eBay?
I think I'll give that a miss for now...I might be tempting fate even more:rolleyes:

Anyway, thought I'd take a punt and share incase anyone else was thinking of going down the APS route;)

I may well go down that route yet. I was admiring them the other day in Aquarium Gardens.
Aside from the obvious quality, the depth is perfect for aquascaping.

I have an IKEA hacked cabinet that is 40cm deep, and I'm kind of attached to it, hence trying to find an aquarium to fit:rolleyes:
I'm thinking I'll have to give up on that idea now though, or perhaps get something made, or go shallow again:)

29627133632_f050847d96_c.jpg

28029832731_a7a83731bd_c.jpg

Back