• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aqmagic tools

AdAndrews

has anyone used these aquascaping tools, and could tell me if they are good or bad?
http://aqmagic.com/store/product_info.p ... aquascaper

basically i am looking for whats there, a straight pair of tweezers, curved scissors, and a substrate flatener thingy :)
or could you advise another set for around the same price

cheers

The tweezers look quite a good shape, like the ADA pinset style. The scissors usually suffer quality on the cheaper sets, but they'll be good enough :)

I'd say they're worth a punt at $30.

I've tried them and they turned out to be nothing like the picture, the ones that arrived were horrible fat chunky things. If you have a hobby craft near you they have 11" stainless steel tweezers that appear to be much better quality, and only £6.

Garuf said:
I've tried them and they turned out to be nothing like the picture, the ones that arrived were horrible fat chunky things.
This happens a lot with Lilly pipes too, what the photo shows is not what you usually get either!!

I tried the ADA tweezers at the weekend at Dan's place and they are a piece of art, best I have seen!!

ok. thanks. i typed in surgical scissors into google and found a pretty good website selling tweezers and scissors(for the medial profession) but they seem to look good. im not sure i should give them a try, what do you rekon? here:
tweezers(or forceps) http://www.spservices.co.uk/product_inf ... cts_id/602
scissor set http://www.spservices.co.uk/product_inf ... ts_id/4132

for the price, it seems pretty good.. both the scissors and tweezers are not hude(around 5") but i rekon that will be alright.

what do you think?

only other option is some from AQUA ESSENTIALS- if someone can recommend me some for around £30(scissors+tweezer)

Those ones from AE are good from what i've heard, i'd go for them if AM's are different from what is advertised.

I've got some leather UKaps cases left so if you buy the tools separately, i can sell you a case for them.

ok dan, which ae ones were you reffering to? and i will buy a ukaps case, if you can ship it with the 2kg FE when i buy that in a couple of weeks

AdAndrews said:
ok, but i am 16 lol, im not spending £36 on tweezers alone, for a set then yes
thanks anyway mate
I purchased a set to start with also ;) but it doesn't have a pin tweezers and I had a play with those at Dans and they are awsome so I need that in my kit, I already have 2 tweezers and 3 scissors and a gravel tool ;)

i planted my first with some curved end tweezers, and did a little maintinance with a tiny pair of scissors, although i cant help thinking straight tweezers would be better for me

thanks mate.
has anyone used the UP straight tweesers, and/or the ferplast scissors then?

I would quite happily pay more, but atm this will be my first aquascaped tank, i have grown a few plants before, but this is the real deal for me, everything is new, pressurised c02, higher lighting and proper substrates(instead of that tropica rubbish) :) maybe 6 months down the line coming on to plant my second then maybe, but for a beginner, i think if it all goes pear shaped i will loose enough money as it is.

thanks

i have had great success from tropica and other similar substrates from the jbl range. (looking forwad to the manado :D ) its not rubbish its just how you use it. if it was rubbish it wouldnt be in the market.

i bought a cheap pair of tweezers and they really are sh#t. Its better to spend a bit more £££ and buy a decent pair straight off. The IPA ones i got are amazing for the price, but t'is a shame they dont do them anymore, they were the bees knees.

Back