• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua 40 or Aqua One cr320

chrisjj

Seedling
Which one to get for my shrimp tank??

Or is there something else ?..............

I currently have the Super Fish Aqua-Qube 40 as a planted kitchen tank, running with a small external filter and medium bioload (10+ shrimp and 5 smalll fish)

My wife brought it for me, but i think it cost about £60. (including a 18W light pod and small internal filter). although it is rimless, it does have a glass panel to cover the top if needed. I am growing HC and other plants very well, making it a lovely shrimp tank.

The Dennerle cubes are very nice, and are very shrimp orientated. Looked at the Tropica Aquacube's? TGM have them cheap at the moment. Maybe a bit small though for what you want. Superfish do some other nice nano tanks. Have a look at Saintly's "Purple Rain" scape in the journal section for an idea :)

I had an aqua 40 as a shrimp tank for a while. Swapped the superfish filter out for a sponge as the shrimplets kept getting into it. It was fine until a ladder got dropped on it.

If you intend to keep rock mountain shrimp you will definately need a covered tank. Mine used to escape (chicken run style) whenever the tank lid was open luckily for him they can last a few mins out of water CRS are less adventurous but I still find the odd one on the floor.

Well, I've gone for the 320. It's cycling at the moment & so far I'm very pleased with it.

Back