• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Marin Planta tanks!

Furgan

Does anyone here use the aqua Marin planta tank? These seem to be available from fishkeeper/Maidenhead aquatics. They seem to very similar to the evolution Aqua tanks but cheaper. Can’t seem to find any info on who makes them etc or any reviews.

I was really interested in them but my local Maidenhead said it's an online only thing, though the Aqua Marin marine tanks are in store, but not optiwhite glass. It's a Maidenhead aquatics own brand made by a company which sadly escapes my mind.

For me it's a no-no buying a relatively unknown tank without seeing one, unless it's a highly reputable brand like ADA or A4L. Their marine tanks did look good however.

I have heard from a source that they are made for them by a banded company that sells very similar tanks! Just a cheaper version ie not opti white and a cheaper cabinet.

Seabray.

The glass used is Low Iron, here is the optical quality looking down the front pane.

30620894-6140-4F26-B1FF-F8BC3EFB685C.jpeg

Here is the front left corner showing optical quality and also the silicone work.

0E6DE9D7-126F-4994-92BC-257E526EA4EA.jpeg

I’d be happy with it!

:)

I understood the Aqua Planta tanks are standard float glass?

I wouldn’t be that chuffed with silicone work in the picture above. But yes they are cheaper so expectation should be lower.

See I’ve now been looking at the all ponds solution 120! And then building a cabinet for it! Other option was the marine 120 from all pond solution but then it has a weir!

Just out of interest, did you go for an Aqua Marin in the end? I saw one last week in Maidenhead Aquatics. The silicon work was fine inside the tank, but the outside finish was as rough as a badgers bottom. Wasn't sure if it was just a one off or if they are all like it? Shame as the cabinet and the frosted background made it look pretty decent from a distance.

Back