• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua-Medic CO2 Reactor 1000

Rols

Seedling
I'm thinking of investing in one of these but wanted to ask a couple of questions first.

Are they noisy?
would you consider it overkill for 400ltr aquarium?
is there a better option?

Thanks, Rols.

Hi,
The AM1000 works fine but does restrict flow somewhat because of the smaller 13mm piping. If you ensure that you use a strong filter it should be fine.

An expensive alternative can be found here: Cal Aqua Inline CO2 Diffuser 13mm although this is the 13mm version which also restricts flow. Better to get the 17mm version for large output filters.

There are DIY versions of the AM1000 which I believe Ed Seeley makes. Search the DIY/Hardware section.

Cheers,

Thanks for the response and link..not cheap at all,then neither was the aqua1k
Will take a look for the thread a little later and see if i can find the TUT for it! i have an Ehiem 26 i think you would consider that quite high power!? 16mm tube i believe.

thanks again!

Rols said:
Thanks for the response and link..not cheap at all,then neither was the aqua1k
True...prior to asking for a price on the 17mm version, I recommend you take 400mg of Ibuprofen....

Rols said:
Will take a look for the thread a little later and see if i can find the TUT for it!
I think this is the one:=> DIY Reactor - pictures, assembly and testing Should be about 5 million times cheaper. 8)

Rols said:
i have an Ehiem 26 i think you would consider that quite high power!? 16mm tube i believe.
Gosh mate I've not heard of the Eheim 26. Do you mean the Pro II 2026? If so they're typically (optimistically) rated at around 1050LPH, probably only deliver around 500LPH by the time you fill them with media, mount them under the tank and get detritus in them. Adding a further restriction from 16mm to 13mm will have a noticeable effect. If you go DIY, try and use 17mm fittings if you can. Flow is a precious commodity...

Cheers,

Quite possibly still hardwired to neural interactive network we call The Matrix and thus still possibly being an agent of that system mate... :lol:

Cheers,

Back