• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Aqua Nano 30

Thanks mate yeah I have seen a few good picos, thinking now I may wait until I move and get a 10 gallon like waterbox or innovative marine fusion 10 just doing research in meantime and trying to find out basics , actually apart from adding salt doesn't seem to different, currently watching my first fishtank channel and very helpful. I will only want softies and lps and make it nice and easy but want to look great like your system.

Any sites or books you recommend for beginners also going to look at forums maybe ultimate reef?

Thanks dean

Think the key points are the water quality, either getting RO water from your LFS or having you own little RO unit.

A minature tank like above are actually quiet easy and simplish if you just have corals, even the harder SPS types.
Its when you add fish that the problems start as that mean adding food and poo to the water which needs lots more filtration etc.

Would strongly recommend treating anything you add to the tank, rock as well as corals, with an anti flatworm product to avoid the problems we had.

Thanks mate yeah I have seen a few good picos, thinking now I may wait until I move and get a 10 gallon like waterbox or innovative marine fusion 10 just doing research in meantime and trying to find out basics , actually apart from adding salt doesn't seem to different, currently watching my first fishtank channel and very helpful. I will only want softies and lps and make it nice and easy but want to look great like your system.

Any sites or books you recommend for beginners also going to look at forums maybe ultimate reef?

Thanks dean
I found ultimate reef a bit more larger tank focused but this was back in 2009 so things might have changed.
I used to use nanoreef.com for most info.
El Fabs journal was a massive inspiration and great source of info. The tech is a bit dated now but the principals remain the same.

Think the key points are the water quality, either getting RO water from your LFS or having you own little RO unit.

A minature tank like above are actually quiet easy and simplish if you just have corals, even the harder SPS types.
Its when you add fish that the problems start as that mean adding food and poo to the water which needs lots more filtration etc.

Would strongly recommend treating anything you add to the tank, rock as well as corals, with an anti flatworm product to avoid the problems we had.
You hit the nail on the head with adding fish etc, my friend who I learned saltwater tips from found it amusing that I'd refer to fish as "complications".

Also agree with the RO unit, that's a good shout, also an automatic top up to balance the salinity!

I actually never dipped anything, but I think I got kind of lucky not to get any serious pests 😬

Back