• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua One filter disaster

phillarrow

Seedling
I sincerely hope this post doesn't go too close to the knuckle but I thought I should warn you all about the dreadful Aqua One external filter. I received one as part of the set when I bought an Aqua One Aquience tank and it is appalling. There is no way to semi-permanently join the hoses to the filter inlet and outlet pipes and the joints on the actual filter are poor to say the least. I noticed yesterday that one of the joints on the filter was leaking. When trying to fix it I knocked the pipe and caused a leak which resulted in about 50 litres of water all over my floor. It took me 5 attempts (and 3 leaks) before I was able to fix the joints again and even now the actual part that joins the hose to the filter is still slowly leaking. I have no choice but to buy a new filter. I realise that all this could be seen to be my fault but I have had filters from Rena, Eheim and Fluval before with no problems at all. I would never buy a filter from Aqua One again.

Have you contacted Aqua One and talked to them about it? Maybe there is something wrong with this filter and it might need replacing. I could understand you not wanting to use the same brand again though anyway.

I have an aquis external been running a on an aquone 120 cm kit for about a year no probs! worth contacting aqua one might just be a one off!

Back