• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua plants care micro dosing

NinjaMonkey

Hi all, after APFUK shut down, I have purchased my dry salts from aqua plants care. I do ei dosing and I am a little confused with the micro dosing instructions.
its the csm+b trace elements (10g packet) and add to 500ml water. it says on the packet you add 2mil per 100l tank water per day for 0.03 fe but on their EI dosing info it states add 10mil per 50l of water 3 times a week in-between the macros. I have always done the later but don't know if I need to change with this csm+b. Seems like a big difference between the two

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221224_172059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221224_172059_Chrome.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20221224_172045_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221224_172045_Chrome.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 82
EI dosing info it states add 10mil per 50l of water 3 times a week
It does but if you re read the info thats above the dosing chart it mentions 1 tsp.

Screenshot_20221225-072750_Chrome.jpg

Based on that you need to half the dose. So if you use the full 10g packet in 500ml of water, adding 10ml per 100L 3 times a week will get you to about 0.5 ppm of fe.

Last edited:
Hi all, after APFUK shut down, I have purchased my dry salts from aqua plants care. I do ei dosing and I am a little confused with the micro dosing instructions.
its the csm+b trace elements (10g packet) and add to 500ml water. it says on the packet you add 2mil per 100l tank water per day for 0.03 fe but on their EI dosing info it states add 10mil per 50l of water 3 times a week in-between the macros. I have always done the later but don't know if I need to change with this csm+b. Seems like a big difference between the two
I’m in a similar boat, need to restock my salts but a tad confused and need to get my head into the less “straight forward” methods.

Half tempted to make my own kits but trouble is to make it viable it’ll probably end up being expensive

Thanks John, completly makes sense now after reading it again.
Andy, I've done ei dosing for over a year and once you get your head round it and get in the habbit of daily dosing it's much better and more cost affective. My issue is the micro salts are 3.99 for 10g so dont want to do this going forward as would soon add up. I've seen you can get a product called solufeed sodium free TEC, 1kg for £22 and seems to be the same as the old aquarium plant food uk micro salts. Would last a lifetime, good if you know anyone to go halfs with.

Would last a lifetime, good if you know anyone to go halfs with
I think this is the way out of the current fertiliser conundrum, people need to pool their resources. It honestly pains me that folks are paying £3.99 for 10g of trace mix, even the price kno3 which is available at £60 for 25kg but sells at £9.99 for 500g winds me up.
Will possibly float an idea in the new year around this 💡

Last edited:
Yeah let’s get something together.

Would have to send it in bigger packets then 10g otherwise postage will be a major percent in the cost.

Same I brought the starter kit but it’s getting low now :(

I may be wrong b
And the foundation stones are laid lol... rules of the club are that you never pay ridiculous prices for ferts ever again. I shall have a word with my supplier (P. Escobar) and see if he can compete 😀

True that!

I’m wondering what quantity you can buy the powders in, namely potassium nitrate?

Which seems to be this… percentages are more or less the same at the APF mix

I need to sit down and work this out, also chelated trace elements
If the goal is to simply restock the apfuk dry salts then it can still be done and doesn't need to be overly complicated, or expensive.

Potassium nitrate can be purchased here..

Monopotassium Phosphate...

Haven't used the KNO3 from above seller yet but am using the KH2PO4, no issues so far.

Magnesium sulphate...
You can buy this anywhere as epsom salts. I've used this for the last six months without any problems, but it does tend to clump a bit.
Amazon product ASIN B001P3SMQ0
The clumping annoyed me so I went back to this.

For traces I use the solufeed tec that you linked above.

If the goal is to simply restock the apfuk dry salts then it can still be done and doesn't need to be overly complicated, or expensive.

Potassium nitrate can be purchased here..

Monopotassium Phosphate...

Haven't used the KNO3 from above seller yet but am using the KH2PO4, no issues so far.

Magnesium sulphate...
You can buy this anywhere as epsom salts. I've used this for the last six months without any problems, but it does tend to clump a bit.
Amazon product ASIN B001P3SMQ0
The clumping annoyed me so I went back to this.

For traces I use the solufeed tec that you linked above.
Thanks John,

Yep looking to simply restock at the minute.
It’s working well for me and just about to add CO2 so wanting to keep things the same at first.

Thanks for the links, been having a quick look to find nice pure examples like above.
Also especially with the Epsom salts as some are sold as bath salts aren’t you?!
Nice plain industrial/food grade style packaging seems to be a winner

Back