• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquael Customer Support

Onoma1

I have an Aquael Ultramax filter and having used an Oase filter found it to be quieter (i.e. silent), more powerful with a greater filter size capacity and with superb build quality. It also has the advantage of being significantly cheaper. When, however, it failed then I found the process of getting customer support quite difficult and spent a fair amount of time trying to resolve this (thank you to everyone on the forum that helped me). The problem I experienced was because I bought it on-line from Poland. I wanted to share the information that I gathered for others on the forum that have bought an Aquael filter on-line or have experienced problems with customer support from their LFS.

The first line of customer support should be the company that you bought the filter from. If you bought it from the UK then this should be a matter of just contacting them and they should honour the guarantee.

The feedback I had from my LFS is that they can source parts from Aquael quite quickly and that they find them easy to deal with.

If you don’t get a satisfactory response then the UK distributor of Aquael products is ALF (Aquatic Distributors) Ltd https://www.alfltd.co.uk/ They should be able to help and should be your next step. They only deal with filters bought in the UK.

For those of us who bought Aquael Filters from Poland or elsewhere then you still need to contact the retailer. I found the company that I bought from (Plantaca) very unhelpful and they just passed me back to Aquael in Poland. Keep a record of correspondence - just in case they don’t help. This can be useful when contacting Aquael directly. There are various pieces of legislation at EU level which mean that you have a legal right to return goods and I understand that the local regulations in Poland are actually more stringent than the UK. Enforcing this is another matter.

If they don’t help then contact Aquael directly. Aquael’s website isn’t particularly focused on customers coming back to them. I assume this because they expect their retailers and distributors to be the first and second line of technical support and to manage returns.

The e-mail address to use is: service@aquael.pl

Include in your e-mail proof of purchase and any correspondence with the retailer.

I found, however, that the response to this address is quite slow.

The response to a phone call was, however, superb. There is an option for and English Language response, however, I found that wasn’t picked up. I tried other options and got through to their export department.

Having sent them the e-mail they already had the necessary information and could deal with the issue over the phone.

They asked me to post out the lid that had failed and then sent me a new one by courier. They really couldn’t have been more helpful.

After talking to someone then they were particularly responsive and the team there emailed me and provided a direct dial number for the person allocated to help me. I can't include these here, however, PM me if you need them.

When I sent my lid back with the pre-filter and valves in it (the one they sent didn’t include these) they agreed to send over a fresh set of valves and a new pre-filter in a second parcel.

The contact details page (including phone number) is here: https://www.aquael-aquarium.co.uk/kontakt/dzial-serwisu-reklamacji/

A few years ago I bought 2 Eheim filters direct from Germany (back then the price difference was massive compared to uk).

had a similar experience to the above when the heater in both heads died.

I think it cost me more money than if I had bought them from the uk in the 1st place!

bit of a lesson there!

Thank you very much for this detailed post.
I just sent out an email to the german shop where I bought my filter, since it keeps periodically spitting out air.
I dont think its supposed to do that, and all the seals are correctly placed as far as I can tell.
It continues spitting out air regularly despite my use of the primer, tilting the filter to get the air out and letting it run for days to see if it sorts itself out. It very much seems to me that air is building up in the filter somehow, and that isnt right.
Hope to get a smoother customer service experience than you have gotten..

A few years ago I bought 2 Eheim filters direct from Germany (back then the price difference was massive compared to uk).

had a similar experience to the above when the heater in both heads died.

I think it cost me more money than if I had bought them from the uk in the 1st place!

bit of a lesson there!

If only Aquarium Gardens Stocked Aquael filters ....:D

Back