• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquael ultramax 2000 pipe size

All the issues I have seen here and other places are with the 2000 19/25 version. I have not seen any issues with the 1500?
So Paul, I don't think you will have a problem. Just make sure you strip it before use and silicone grease all O rings and seals as well as a little on the impeller shaft.

Unless anyone out there knows different?

I assume that when Aquael decided to change the 2000 to 19/25 pipes, they did not take the design back to scratch. They just fiddled with the original design to make it take larger pipe. Fundamental design mistake to save money. I bet they did not even do any new pressure calculations on the rest of the filter. I feel that is why it is leaking. The increase in pipe size will change the pressure up and down in all parts of the filter. Even a drop in pressure can cause an o ring to leak as it is not held in position with the same force as before.
Lets hope so, I did check the impeller and it has the six blades not five, and with the diagrams I have seen, mine is the new model. My worry is most probably the same as many other people's, I just cannot believe the hassle it seems to get replacement parts. As with anything mechanical it will fail at some point. I can't believe that we don't have a retailer in the UK that are an aquael stockist and supplier. Are the brand and suppliers in the UK not missing a trick here.

Has anyone contacted the Stockist listed on their website? I know that they only deal with trade, but you would have thought that they would have a vested interest in suppling the UK with spare parts for their imported goods.

A.L.F. LTD​

Telford Way, Cambridge Road; Bedford MK42 OPQ

I contacted them eventually got back to me after a few failed attempts to be told they only deal with the supplier. Said they could contact the retailer but that ultimately they would have to request the parts required and would take approximately 3 weeks.
That said retailer failed to get the parts within 2 months so I cancelled and changed the make of my filter.

Back