• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Aquagreen (new vid page 8)

Awesome Aquagreen, subscribed :thumbup:

I have a few questions for you;

What make light is this and where did you buy it from?

7425922012_cd77ce56a4.jpg

What size is your tank 60cm?

and finally can you do another video but longer I was getting well into that and it stopped too soon :lol:

Thanks Otto

What make light is this and where did you buy it from?

The light is 2X TMC Grow beams, with the TMC fittings. It was brought from my LFS, the Aquarium in Lincoln.

What size is your tank 60cm?

Its an 80cm tank...just about the right size imo.

and finally can you do another video but longer I was getting well into that and it stopped too soon

I'll try and do a longer vid at some point, it was only a quick one...the kids were running around all over. I'll try and get a longer one next week.

Ian, just thinking, your tank is open top. Does it have any bracing ? Its a Rio 125 isn't it, which are usually braced by the plastic lid surround ? What thickness glass is it and how tall is it please mate ? I asked AQ1 if I could remove my top and they said no problem at all, but I have bracing on mine, which I am wondering if I need. I can see me using my 1000ND with one more at some point is the reason I ask.

The tank is Eheim scubaline tank. It was braceless when i bought it. The glass is 8mm thick, it's a really well made tank. Other than the black silicone, which i don't mind TBH.

ianho said:
The tank is Eheim scubaline tank. It was braceless when i bought it. The glass is 8mm thick, it's a really well made tank. Other than the black silicone, which i don't mind TBH.
Oh ok for some reason I thought you had a juwel. How tall is it mate ?

it's the same a the Rio 125, it could do with a few CM's shaving off it though! lol.

ianho said:
it's the same a the Rio 125, it could do with a few CM's shaving off it though! lol.

Im still none the wiser as I dont know the dimensions of that one either lol.

80cm x 35 x 45

I like the length of it TBH, it's no to big and not to small (as the actress said to the bishop)

ianho said:
80cm x 35 x 45

I like the length of it TBH, it's no to big and not to small (as the actress said to the bishop)

So thats 35 deep and 45 tall ? Or t'other way round. (and I thought the actress said a few other things that that, lol).

This is looking great Ian! The standard of photos is improving too.

I'll give you some tips on pic taking when you come over. :thumbup:

thank you mate, much appreciated, and don't worry i'll be bringing the camera with me! lol

well, this has been going for a month now, i have moved the Lud stems from the middle to the right and side and put the Rotala into more of a central position. I will also be doing TNC complete from tomorrow as i'm out of TPN+,
will see how we get on with it.

heres a new longer video, as a few people asked for a longer vid, hope you all enjoy it. Best viewed in 720p and upwards.

Re: Aquagreen (longer vid p10)

The new plant food arrived today, very speedy delivery and an excellent price. I always get excited when i get new stuff i haven't used (very sad i know). Thanks to Fluidsensor for the excellent customer service.

7551619678_2d4469dce9.jpg
tnc complete by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Your tank is looking really nice Ian, well done mate! I know what you mean about getting new things to try! :lol:

thanks Matty...i had finally run out of my litre of TPN+ and heard good things about TNC, so i thought i'd give em a go. The price is really good as well.

cheers Al, i'm really enjoying this scape, it's a nice one to watch. A little different to the last one.

I just thought i'd whack a pic in of the stuff after good service a quick delivery.

Fist proper trim done, it's taken me a good couple of hours this morning. The stems have been taken right down, the glosso has been hacked big time!

7615810520_3d225a4284.jpg
aquagreen11 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Back