• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aquajournal online

Its still good even for those in the hobby for a while, I read it anyway.

I remember a couple of years ago there was a major debate over on Planted tank, 10-15 page type of thing, where they were debating the positioning of the CO2 diffusers in Amano's tanks where he positions them half way down the tank, well there were as many different views as there were possible scenarios as to why he positioned them so. some said it was for better circulation of the CO2, there were complicated charts posted up of water circulation in tanks to prove or disprove various points of view, lots of different scenarios were played out but nobody knew for sure.

Well it turns out the reason is, wait for it...... because it "LOOKS BETTER" according to Amano :D had a good laugh about that one I tell ya when I read it, all the experts never guessed that one.

Definitely worth reading if even to dispel some myths mainly created by ourselves about Amano's techniques.

Check this out

"Technically, the lower the diffuser is placed in an aquarium, the more efficient CO2 diffusion will be. However, it can deliver a sufficient amount of dissolved CO2 for growing aquatic plants when placed at the mid position."

It's saying to me you can position it near the inlet pipe for the best circulation possible, but it will look wrong there and much nicer halfway up the tank wall :lol: brilliant!

I've just had a look through this, there's some interesting articles there. Is this just basically the content from the print Aqua Journals but on a website then?

Also, are the print Journals in English?

Thomas McMillan said:
Also, are the print Journals in English?

some are, older ones. the rest are in plain old Japanese. i've just received my jan 09 copy today. sure is tough trying to convert jap to english :lol:

Do you guys order straight from ADA site? Was thinking of getting a subscription but I think my lady would have enough if she found out I had a subscription to a Japanese text magazine.

Back