• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquamanta EFX300 Review

Thanks for the review, been looking at the 600 for a while but my local MA don't seem to be able to run on eon a tank at the shop, so I was left wondering how noisy it was for a 2200lph filter. If its as quite as you say, it could be a real contender, as more filter in that range are to noisy to use in most situation. Bargain price too.

Sam

If you're up north at any point they run a 600 on their cichlid display tank at MA South Leeds (just off junctn. 41 M1). I can't guarantee exactly how quiet it was as they have their stock tanks burbling away in the background but it certainly didn't sound like a 747 taking off!
Cheers!
Matt

Hi Matt. What's the latest mate? Still running superbly?.... Got two of the 400's on the xmax list. Just wondering if it's still the way to go???

Alright Matt, so what's the latest? As I'm about to fork out for my first external filter, and the EFX300 is a real contender, I'm eager to hear your verdict.

Cheers mate,

Dan

Hi all,

I work for a MA outlet and can reliably inform you that these filters are actually derived from Aqua One. They are an excellent product especially for there money. I find that they are very soild in their build although some of the media isnt as good as i would like.

As part of a good value package, I was provided with an Aquamanta EFX300 by MA. I found that there is considerable media bypass, even after thoroughly checking that assemby was correct. Consequently, the water was not perfectly clear, and tiny snails could bypass the media, causing blockage of the spray bar holes. Also, the end stop on the spray bar kept popping off as the holes became blocked, and on one occasion it disappeared into the heavily planted aquarium. I went on to MA website for spares. They have spares pages for many different items, but NOT for the Aquamanta range - exclusive to themselves. I used their 'contact us' box three times requesting this tiny part be sent urgently. I was totally ignored. So I purchased an Eheim Professional 3 filter. The water is now 'gin clear' and the spray bar does not get blocked, and you can get spares from numerous sources.

So...
I've been away from UKAPS for a while (kinda had to concentrate on losing 4st in order to give my dad a kidney - now much less fat and a kidney lighter!) but in the time off form work i've got my planting mojo back so it's time for an update!
Been using the filter with a sponge pre-filter (to prevent shrimp mashing!) and a low bio load in the tank. Really happy with it's performance - didn't clean it for a good while and still ran well, though this could probably be attributed to the pre filter catching a lot of the gunk.
It's maybe not as quiet as i once thought - set up an Eheim Professional on one of my new setups and there's no doubt that the Eheim is quieter, but it's also much, much more expensive and i still have the Aquamanta in our living room so it can't be that bad!
Can't really comment on the bypass as the pre-filter effectively scrubs the water
Hope this is useful!
matt

Hi everyone am new here have joined after finding this site after looking for reviews on the AquaManta filter
I needed an urgent replacement after my ehiem external packed up , the very helpful lady at Maidenhead aquatics recommended the AquaManta
it looks decently made and has been running since yesterday

Back