• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquamedic co2 equipment

zesty

Seedling
Hi all, first post here and its a question lol.

I need to get myself some co2 equipment for my 95usg tank and was looking at Aquamedic stuff. I have got myself a fire extinguisher already.

Was looking at the regulator, bubble counter, pulse solenoid and the reactor-m (the one with a pump supplied)

Any thoughts on this stuff?

zesty said:
Hi all, first post here and its a question lol.

I need to get myself some co2 equipment for my 95usg tank and was looking at Aquamedic stuff. I have got myself a fire extinguisher already.

Was looking at the regulator, bubble counter, pulse solenoid and the reactor-m (the one with a pump supplied)

Any thoughts on this stuff?

Zesty

Well you will require the first two items within your second sentance + solenoid valve / digital timer and either a reactor or diffuser.
Paul.

Aqua medic is a good brand, but I wouldn't bother with the reactor m personally. I'd go with either the reactor 1000 inline reactor, or glass diffuser :)

I use an aqua medic regulator, it's not given me any problems as... yet :lol:

SteveUK said:
Aqua medic is a good brand, but I wouldn't bother with the reactor m personally. I'd go with either the reactor 1000 inline reactor, or glass diffuser :)

I use an aqua medic regulator, it's not given me any problems as... yet :lol:

I only considered the reactor-m because it came with a pump. I looked at the 1000 inline but I dont think either of my externals are powerfull enough -eheim 2073 and aquaone1050. Are there any other options for powering it? I do have a spare 1050 filter but I dont really fancy running 3 filters.
Are the glass diffusers as good as a reactor on a bigger tank?

Themuleous said:

It was that article that made me get the fe. I was after a bit of feedback on the aqua medic stuff before I bought it. I was trying to avoid ebay as most of the bits are from HongKong so no telling how long they gonna take and my plants will prob be dead by then. Its a good article though.

Have you had a look at JBL equipment - TGM / AE sell JBL regulator + solenoid valve

I use JBL equipment and I can a sure you that I have not had any problems or issues
Regards
Paul.

the reactor m has to go in the tank dosent it?!! :wideyed:

i have an aquamedic 1000 with an ehiem 2028 which is a similar output 2 both of yours i believe, it does slow the flow some what tho. :0/

ok, I have decided on getting the aqua media regulator and solenoid valve because they are a fair price so I am happy. I assume bubble counters are all fairly similar so may aswell stick with getting an aqua medic one also.

Now what about the reactor? i like the idea of going external but I think my filters are going to struggle a bit. Should I go with a glass one either end of my 5ft tank or have I got any other options?

Thats got to be worth getting then. How do they work? In the picture it looks like it connects to the intake side of the filter hose in the tank, am I mistaken?

zesty said:
Thats got to be worth getting then. How do they work? In the picture it looks like it connects to the intake side of the filter hose in the tank, am I mistaken?
yeah,the picture shows it goes on the inlet but i think most people put it on the outlet.

I did think they normally went on the outlet but it would make my life easier if I could fit it to the inlet. Do you think that would cause any issues? Would I need to inject more co2 to make up for having to go through the filter before it gets back in to the tank?

would probably be more efficient on the inlet but maybe issues with filter seals long term.see what others say.

Back