• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aquanano 40 and hobs

Interesting idea! I'm just setting mine up and was going to add another power head to last chamber at substrate level, just need to dremel a hole. Going for 15x turnover and spray bars

Cheers
Rod

Rod, had seen your posts. Had been thinking along similar lines but making new holes was not an option I was considering as want to get more filtration in there. Filter floss is filthy after a week.

R[DOUBLEPOST=1398083094][/DOUBLEPOST]Rod, had seen your posts. Had been thinking along similar lines but making new holes was not an option I was considering as want to get more filtration in there. Filter floss is filthy after a week.

R

Last edited:
The built in filter is already a considerable % of the tank volume. I use the black foam with no floss (just slows down the flow) and clean it weekly. Under the foam I have a purigen bag then 2 bags full of ceramic noodles in the next section. As long as you keep it and the impeller clean I get a difference in height between tank and filter (through the sluce) of about 1cm :)

I cut out the back compartment of my Aquanano 40 and got an external filter instead... Got bored of looking at the black back ground!

Back