• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquanano 55 'Pride wood'

nayr88

hello people
Haven't been posting much recently, still lurking and having he odd comment here and there but have not had a planted tank for a good year now.

BUT NOW IM BACK!!!

The tank is an Aqua one 'aquanano 55' the new version so comes with a snazzy clip on led, pump (500lph) and heater.

All the gubbins are hidden away behind a false wall and at £90 I'm well pleased so far.

Only problemo I can see is poor flow or poor distribution so will most likely be updating the pump for something abit more gutsy in the following weeks.

Will add some of the set up pics shortly

Thanks guys

9fe0a8c670a3534c048dcdf25e9f1b45.jpg

ee2c3b017aeb02fa1c8ba1e44d493dd8.jpg

2.5kg of Tropica plant substrate. Added and a torn up Fifa 14 case for supports.

a0cf8f2a8137a507fc25916f754416c7.jpg

really happy with the hardscaping of this tank, never used this type of wood, recycled my old stones and a cheap as chips sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations on uk moss sellers? TGM is my 1st point of call for a Tropica pot but if anyone else can chime in I'm willing to try a smaller vendor

I been buying plants from this guy for nearly a year and I'm always happy. Big portion and if you buy a lot he alway throw in another extra. Buy 3 get 1 free or 4 and get 2 free. Also keenshrimp.co.uk sell plants and moss. Use code UKAPS to get free delivery. Good luck planting. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171536158448?nav=SEARCH
Cheers
Ryan

Last edited:
@legytt - I'll have a look on them both mate thanks that. I haven't kept up to date with the forums sponsors lately. Do love a bit of eBay but always good to go with a sponsor haha.

@phill - will have a look on there bits too. Used them before and was more than happy.

@greenfinger - haha that's actually a good little name for the tank, I'll run in by the boss haha, she getting involved with this one and gave it the name.

Thanks @idcgroomer :)

The wood really is amazing I'm super pleased with it and it only cost a fiver!! I've done all the twiggy types and the 'in' woods haha just going back to basics with a nice chunk of drift.

The picture doesn't do it justice, here's one so show the texture and shades
0b9625619945bd7c380bb6711a86daf4.jpg

Have grabbed a few plants from pets at home but really after the moss and some staury before I et it flooded:

Any comments on people using the same tank? Would love to know how they found the light.

Hi Nayr, first off I think you have what I would call aquanano 40, a 40cm cube but 55 litres so maybe thats where the confusion has crept in?
If so I have the same one and you might want to rethink the scape as if you leave as is, nothing will ever grow in front of the filter outflow, as it is like a jet blasting to the front. I ended up using a piece of wood to try and deflect the jet and disperse it more evenly.
I didnt keep the light either but found a 9w cheapo led is just about enough to grow plants such as Buce, Crypts, Rotalas etc at that depth.
Cheers

Looks great, this is the same tank I have so will be keeping an eye on this.

Get some elbow joints and set up a spray bar on the back wall or the side glass. It'll help even out the flow loads.

I'm just embarking on a similar mission on the 80cm 130L version of this tank.

I have the same tank with the same pump and haven't changed it. Never had a problem with flow or plants not growing in front of it.

Looks great, this is the same tank I have so will be keeping an eye on this.

Put a link on here to your journal so I can keep a look at that one too haha.

Get some elbow joints and set up a spray bar on the back wall or the side glass. It'll help even out the flow loads.

I'm just embarking on a similar mission on the 80cm 130L version of this tank.

That's not a bad idea at all. Currently it's working out pretty good because kind of creates a swirl around the wood. I'm going to keep an eye on it when things get a bit thicker at the back tho.

I have the same tank with the same pump and haven't changed it. Never had a problem with flow or plants not growing in front of it.

Good to hear. I'm really happy with the tank and good to see that pets at home are stocking as even for those not looking to plant as heavy as we do the filter flow and space is great and coming with a heater too is good forward thinking.

Have you got a journal on the go mate? Would be good to have a look at it?

Good to hear. I'm really happy with the tank and good to see that pets at home are stocking as even for those not looking to plant as heavy as we do the filter flow and space is great and coming with a heater too is good forward thinking.

Have you got a journal on the go mate? Would be good to have a look at it?

No mate, never been brave enough to do a journal yet. Moving in a few months so may do one when setting up my 120 rimless optiwhite. I'm not sure how to post pictures here other wise I'd put some of my aquanano on. I got my Aqua nano second hand on eBay for a tenner. Upgraded the light to a tmc mini tile. I really like the tanks, everything hidden away and I really like the black background.

The fact it's all hidden away and came as a package that as far as I can tell does what you need it to - possible exception to the light - really made the purchase worth it for me. Getting yours for a tenner is bargain of the century haha!!

The plan is to get a mini led if growth is painfully slow, or even a 2nd hand Eco 30w Arcadia led.

If you have a smart phone get the 'tapatalk' app. It's really good and you can send picture straight from you phone. You also get notification if someone has quoted you, liked or replied to one of your watched threads.

The fact it's all hidden away and came as a package that as far as I can tell does what you need it to - possible exception to the light - really made the purchase worth it for me. Getting yours for a tenner is bargain of the century haha!!

The plan is to get a mini led if growth is painfully slow, or even a 2nd hand Eco 30w Arcadia led.

If you have a smart phone get the 'tapatalk' app. It's really good and you can send picture straight from you phone. You also get notification if someone has quoted you, liked or replied to one of your watched threads.

Thanks for that. Here's a picture of my tank. About 6 months old. Excuse the rogue vallis and crypt at the front.
51094819f13d2196e07ad700bc085afc.jpg

Back