• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquanano40 CRShrimp tank....Journal Closed.

Aquanano40 CRShrimp tank....Plant melt & new TDS meter.

Ha, your very right.

These pieces are great, but also they are going to be very dominating in the scape. Will see what I can come up with.

Keep us updated with the results of adding lighting. I wouldnt know where o get an exact match, but fluval pcl's shouldnt be too intrusive as they are black and quite compact too.

Regards

Re: Aquanano40 CRShrimp tank....Plant melt & new TDS meter.

Ady34 said:
Whitey89 said:
Patience is not 'my' virtue ;)

Regards,
..... nothing good happens fast in planted tanks!
Ady.

oh i have to disagree on this one.... I've just had to remove the reflectors on my 180L cthulhu tank as it was growing TOO fast.... 8)

I quite enjoy the slow pace of my two low light tanks. I deliberately downgraded my CRS tank to a microLED with anubias and ferns so avoid having to add too much ferts and chemicals to keep it looking good. Something that is now paying off with my first berried crystal...

Best Regards,
John

Oh ady,

Look heres a months growth;
From this (ugly) :p

d5cde1cc-70b8-0cce.jpg

To this;
d5cde1cc-70cc-fea4.jpg

Bit better

JohnC said:
Ady34 said:
Whitey89 said:
Patience is not 'my' virtue ;)

Regards,
..... nothing good happens fast in planted tanks!
Ady.

oh i have to disagree on this one.... I've just had to remove the reflectors on my 180L cthulhu tank as it was growing TOO fast.... 8)

I quite enjoy the slow pace of my two low light tanks. I deliberately downgraded my CRS tank to a microLED with anubias and ferns so avoid having to add too much ferts and chemicals to keep it looking good. Something that is now paying off with my first berried crystal...

Best Regards,
John

Well i could argue my case that in removing the reflectors to slow things down, that fast again wasnt good ;) :) , but i know what you mean, when things settle, and in good conditions the plants do then grow fast!
Great news about the CRS John, you must be well chuffed. Maybe slowing things down and not being so intrusive with ferts, chemicals, trimming water changes etc helps with the shrimp. Ive maybe put myself between a rock and a hardplace with this set up wanting an aquascape thats ideal for shrimp?! We'll see, i havnt got any shrimp yet so when i do they may well dictate the way the tank goes.

Whitey89 said:
Oh ady,

Look heres a months growth;
From this (ugly) :p

d5cde1cc-70b8-0cce.jpg

To this;
d5cde1cc-70cc-fea4.jpg

Bit better

:D , id be well happy with that on easy carb!
Ill prob get another 11w clip on light this weekend :thumbup:

Quick shot of how its looking, the melt seems to have slowed, but no new growth on the staurogyne and hc. Some of the mosses are starting to show new growth and the pearl moss seems to be taking on a wider (presumably submerged) form. Theres a bit of mould on the wood, but when i get the shrimp im sure theyll sort that out. Still on every other day water changes at the moment to keep the water in check during the melt.

'warts and all', so heres the melt, its actually not too bad really and if the stauro and hc dont make it ill replace with something else:
feb20122378.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

Oh, added 100ml purigen on 30/05/2012.

Whitey89 said:
Looking good ady, decide on a light yet?

Regards
Prob just a hagen 11w clip on.

Purchased a Hagen 11w clip on plc light today to up the lighting slightly to 2wpg. Will see what effect this has, it obviously looks visibly brighter and a nicer colour too.

This:
feb20122380.jpg

Results in this:
feb20122381.jpg

Compared to this:
feb20122378.jpg

Ill monitor progress/problems.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Whitey89 said:
Looks a lot better already, you should see the intensity of the grobeam. Its really bright and white. Rather than a yellow hue.
Ha yeah, but even 2nd hand £150 is well out of my price range.... luckily for me the one that Malawistu had for sale on here sold so no temptation!
Maybe you should get yourself one of those snazzy new ADA or Elos LED's and sell me your grobeam well cheap ;)
:lol:
Ady.

oh Whitey, have you spotted your ranunculus over there on the left yet? I reckon it may do alright :thumbup:

Haha! I wish i could. And yeah Ive just spotted it! Told you I didnt have much :lol:

Like the warmer lighting now, i rate the fluval PCLs like. A little Bit pricey though for their size.

Whitey89 said:
Haha! I wish i could. And yeah Ive just spotted it! Told you I didnt have much :lol:

Like the warmer lighting now, i rate the fluval PCLs like. A little Bit pricey though for their size.
Yeah, very pricey considering what you can get the ebi or flora complete set ups for, Chilton Aquatics is doing them for £75! Made me almost tempted to buy a complete set up and sell some bits on.
as for the ranunculus mate...its not the starting size that counts, itll grow ;)... at least it hasnt melted like some of the others.
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Yeah, very pricey considering what you can get the ebi or flora complete set ups for, Chilton Aquatics is doing them for £75! Made me almost tempted to buy a complete set up and sell some bits on.
Ady.

What did you pay for the light if you don't mind me asking. Because I bought a new Fluval Ebi complete set couple of weeks ago from http://www.portonaquapet.co.uk for £55.95 + £6.50 P&P.

AAB said:
Ady34 said:
Ady.

What did you pay for the light if you don't mind me asking. Because I bought a new Fluval Ebi complete set couple of weeks ago from http://www.portonaquapet.co.uk for £55.95 + £6.50 P&P.
Hi, i got the light for £32, think they retail at around £40 give or take. Thats a great price for the Ebi, ive heard they are discontinuing them so maybe that explains the prices coming down a bit. Its painful paying so much for the light when for a little extra you can get the complete set up, but without use for the rest (and being skint) i thought it prudent to just get what i needed and save the rest for shrimp :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Whitey89 said:
I bought my ebi brand new with everything, inc light and filter plus substrate and minerals for...

£30

:)

Wow! I thought I got a really good deal on mine but yours is about half the price I paid. Can you share with us where you got yours from?

You are soooo lucky, I would buy one at that price any day.

Back