• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Hoover

Tankless

Over the years, I've come across people use old filters to create a vacuum. What attachments do you use and where did you purchase them from?

I'm looking for something that will work with my 12/16mm eheim echo pro filter pipes.

something that will work with my 12/16mm eheim echo pro filter pipes.
Are you wanting to suck the muck into your filter? That’s a sure way to clog your filter and reduce flow. Best use a shoo-in I to a bucket as you do a water change.

Are you wanting to suck the muck into your filter? That’s a sure way to clog your filter and reduce flow. Best use a shoo-in I to a bucket as you do a water change.
Yeah, but it would go into a spare filter (to be only used for water changes). Not the one used for the tank so no issue with clogging that filter and reducing flor. By having the inlet and outlet in the tank, it would minimise water waste. I came across it within a Green Aqua video.

So most people would use a syphon to hover the bottom while doing a weekly water change but you want to re cycle the water through a filter?

Yep recycle the water just to hoover the carpet.

Back