• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Liquid Glass nano coating from Germany

Wonder if it copes with 100% immersion, might be worth offering to run a test of some sort.

You must be loaded.....£224.95 a litre.
Liquid Gold indeed....;)
Keep us posted....maybe you could do a quicker test within a fresh water tank with 2 pieces of glass....one with the application, one without.
Cheers
hoggie

Perhaps for a real test it you should coat half the aquarium glass.

considering how much I spend a year on chemical cleaning agents around home this is not expensive at all in a long run! this is what they claim actually "30ml of our Hard Surface Formulation and is enough to cover most hard surfaces in the average home" and single application is suppose to last 12 months. In a long run this is a lot of savings ££££ and cleaning time really...

You have a point....I have a kitchen and bathroom that has glass panels instead of tiles...so could well be worth purchasing some.
hoggie

Its next day shipping so I will get it tomorrow and start testing. Interesting will be to spray emersed grown plants and submerge them... will they continue to grow as if emersed?

No, they won't. It claims to not interfere with gas exchange, not change it. The difference in conditions, CO2 to say the least, is huge.

What I can imagine is that it may be useful on slow growing plants like anubius that tend to algae up. Faster growers would do well with no algae on the leaves but would lose the coating as they grow.

sound good for people that live in very hard water areas and have glass shower panels, also around the taps to stop lime scale build up............................. I just though maybe take the water out of the toilet bowl and use this, you might never have to clean it again? ;)

It reminds me of the Alec Guinness film "The Man in the White Suit." He invents a cloth that never gets dirty but then has the whole establishment and unions trying to bring him down because it will put so many people out of work.

Looking at the manufacturer's claims on liquid glass it potentially has hundreds of uses. If I had some the firsts things I would use it on would be:
Aquarium, obviously, including the inside of all the hoses and glass ware
Glasses and sunglasses
Car window screen
Toilet, anything that helps with that is a plus
Ipad, mobile phone
Carpet
Chairs
Bathroom tiles
Children
Husband
Car

Back