• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Liquid Glass nano coating from Germany

Ask a local glass place they will have off cuts I'm sure they would be happy to let you have.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

As above, if not try asda or poundland etc for a few of those cheap picture frames with the metal clips there normally £ 1 for 2

Will this work against condensation on an aquarium lid too? Now that would be perfect!

Am wondering if coating plant leaves such as Anubia mentioned, might not hinder the plant's ability to absorb nutrient's through their leaves?

SiO2 is now being applied to plants grown in Green houses. This is breathable material that also provides protection against insects and fungi that otherwise require the use of pesticide. It also stretches as plants grow.

Is good to know.

Well I am convinced it works, I now need to find glass sheets to test in aquarium, can't think of where to get two small pieces

You could use a couple of glass jars or alike!

Any updates ? Which one did you use ? They seem to have quite a few types on the site

Just bumping because its been a while and Id like to know how its been going. Did you apply the hard surfaces version ?

What happened to "left it under the sea for a year"? I was getting interested in it. Coat all my rocks and aquarium glass so algae can't grow on it.

Disappointing. I guess it would have gotten scraped off while using a glass magnet or algae scraper anyways. Its similar to the nano coatings available for cars like cquartz

Back