• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium near window?!?

oscar

Hi Guys,
I have at the moment my set up within dining room/ been running around 6weeks, I have a journal on this forum.I have had no issue with Algae/ twin star lights on a dimmer.

The question is I’m thinking of moving tank into the front room, is an area we often sit in/ read a book etc.Just means we can enjoy aquascape( well I think its okay/ not a bad first attempt :nailbiting:)
ONLY potential issue is the front window, the tank would be situated around 12/15 feet from actuall window. WOULD this /could it be an issue with unwanted light/ algae?!?
Has anyone got an aquascape set up near window with no algae issues?!?
I think it should be okay that distance from window?!?

Thanks,

Oscar.

If the tank gets direct sunlight outside of your lighting period this will cause problems (I.e morning) unless your willing to change when CO2 comes on / extend the CO2 period

You need a way to control direct sunlight, especially during summer where it is more intense and the days are long. Good curtains or something like that.

Michel.

Back