• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Plant Food UK Closing Down

Thanks for the response @dw1305, I've taken your advise on backing off on the kh as it seems that things are safer at a slightly lower pH. Think I got overly cautious about running out of buffer and crashing pH when I first started with co2. I have added 3x 4 inch discus this weekend who are settling in well. They will be happier closer to my local tap water parameters 🤞and should add some natural ferts to system. Once they have established I can see where the balance is and supplement micros and macros where necessary. Also gives me more time to get a bit more reading done😉

Hi all,
Think I got overly cautious about running out of buffer and crashing pH when I first started with co2
I'll be honest I would always worry more about the risk of asphyxiation with CO2 and that is <"why I don't (and won't) use it">. I'll add @REDSTEVEO he is/was? a Discus keeper.
Once they have established I can see where the balance is and supplement micros and macros where necessary.
That is why I like the <"Duckweed Index">, you get feedback on nutrient status from the plants. I've never kept Discus, but I've talked a bit with <"Larry Waybright"> and he is a fantastic (Discus) fish keeper.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
@Happi
@dw1305
@Zeus.

Many thanks for the replies. Please accept my apologies for the delay in thanking you (I've not felt too great lately - still recovering from abdominal surgery and now also suffering with Vertigo)
I will try and get my head around the maths I need to do now that @Happi has confirmed his dosage calculations for Solufeed 2:1:4 / Solufeed Sodium free TEC are based on US Gallons. This will take a back seat at the moment as my TMC AquaControl8 lighting unit controlling the 3 AquaRay GroBeam Ultima 1500ND tiles installed has now given up the ghost, so there is no lighting presently. Annoyingly (given the over £700 cost of these) the 5 year guarantee expired in May last year!!.....and the controller looks like its now discontinued.

Thanks again all for your help
Phil

Back