• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium safe hand creme?

PotteryWalrus

This is a bit out there, but I thought I'd try asking anyways -

I find it difficult to wear rubber/latex gloves for various reasons and I'm prone to dry, cracked skin on my hands particularly in unpredictable weather like we've had recently, so I'm inclined to use a fair amount of hand creme as per doctor's orders.

Obviously, I don't want to hurt or poison any of my tank's inhabitants or screw with the water chemistry if I can help it, and I do use those long 'feeding' tongs that look like giant tweezers for aquascaping and planting, but sometimes the depth is deeper than the length, you know?

Does anyone know if there's any brands of moisturiser they could recommend that would be completely aqua-safe, or even just ingredients I could look out for that would be bad for the critters? I know some types are water resistant by design, but I don't know how much the ones I use are, and I want to be safe.

Hi
I suffer with dry skin too and always try to avoid any maintenance with cream on. All work done straight after shower, then can put cream on. Have forgotten before and a instant surface film on top of tank.
Cheers

Back