• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium stand made out of reclaimed pallet wood

Matnez

Just thought I would share with you guys the stand I made for my Fluval Spec v.

It is completely made out of all reclaimed wood so the total cost of build was £0.00

A simple frame was made then the sides and doors where cladded with pallet wood. Solid oak was used for the top which was an off cut of a kitchen worktop.

I then painted the outside with some chalk paint with I had lying around.

This is the first time I have ever made anything like this so I'm ecstatic about the finished product. It turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head which is a rarity.

IMG_1011_zpsa53838ac.jpg
IMG_1010_zps2612d297.jpg
IMG_1014_zpsa3f0103b.jpg

Thanks, it just goes to show that not everything that is chucked out is worthless :)

Thanks mate. The only draw back to it is that it weighs a ton... I was not wanting to take any chances of it collapsing under the weight of the tank but I got a bit carried away with reinforcing it.. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Thanks mate. The only draw back to it is that it weighs a ton... I was not wanting to take any chances of it collapsing under the weight of the tank but I got a bit carried away with reinforcing it.. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Yeah mate, Always nice when it feels 'Robust' and heavy. Rather than flimsy!

You want to feel the weight of the one I'm on with. Like a fat american kid.

Yeah mate, Always nice when it feels 'Robust' and heavy. Rather than flimsy!

You want to feel the weight of the one I'm on with. Like a fat american kid.

Ha Ha that is one way to describe it...

Fantastic. If you ever decide to fill your tank with solid lead, you will have a stand that will easily be able to cope with the weight....:lol:

Fantastic. If you ever decide to fill your tank with solid lead, you will have a stand that will easily be able to cope with the weight....:lol:

This is true, I'm always planning ahead...;)

Back