• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Suppliers

The Boss ones do seem very cheap, but they don't state the thickness of the glass used. Also, I can't find any prices for the cabinets. It's the cabinets that always seem to cost the big money.

edit: Also, the sizes seem a little disappointing IMO. If I were getting a big tank, say 5' or bigger I'd want more than an 18" width/depth. Big tanks should increase proportionately IMO, otherwise they look very thin. I've always wanted a 6'x2'x2'.....

beeky said:
The Boss ones do seem very cheap, but they don't state the thickness of the glass used. Also, I can't find any prices for the cabinets. It's the cabinets that always seem to cost the big money.

edit: Also, the sizes seem a little disappointing IMO. If I were getting a big tank, say 5' or bigger I'd want more than an 18" width/depth. Big tanks should increase proportionately IMO, otherwise they look very thin. I've always wanted a 6'x2'x2'.....

Cabinets are not an issue for me. Never like any of those supplied as standard - they're either cheap and nasty laminated board, ugly, or both. I'm making my own cabinet, completely built in to an alcove, probably with cabinets above. Probably out of solid Cherry or similar.

Agree re the dimensions of tanks - I'm likely to go for a bespoke 52" x 20" but cannot decide on height. I'd like 24" but I'm considering El Natural for this tank and >18" is not discouraged.

Thanks for the line Maximumbob - I've added it to my fav's.

I have a 800lt optiwhite tank and ADA stand on the way from them, have been told it is getting delivery on wednesday so i will let you know. As for dealing with them, they have been pretty good.

Back