• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Temp

Shane1094

Just out of interest what temps people are running they're aquariums. My EA900 is 23C
Currently also running a 35L tank at 25C. Is plant health affected heavily from those two extra degrees? I know there's plenty of other contributions.
I had thought previously maybe anything 25 onwards would make plant growth more strenuous 😄. Oxygen levels decrease the higher the temperature?

Depends on the plants,I have plants in tanks ranging from 19-27 degrees although yet to find anything that will survive the 32 degrees my Soda cichlids are at :banghead:

I have one at 25.5 and one at 26 degree's, my plants seem to grow better in the warmer one although this could be unrelated.
I try to steer clear of plants that prefer lower temperatures but there's not that many that I've come across to be honest.

23c, but in the summer it reaches about 26 and sits there until autumn when it starts to drop down again.

The lower the better (within the normal tropical tank range) generally for plants, as cooler water can hold a lot more dissolved CO2 and therefore dissolve CO2 - either injected on a high tech tank, or from atmosphere in a low tech tank- more easily.

Also as you increase the temperature you naturally increase the metabolic rate of the plants increasing their requirements for nutrients and CO2.

All that being said, it’s really the choice of livestock that determines the temperature selection that is most suitable for them.

Back