• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquariums limited

How strange.That must have been very recent,I'm still waiting on my tank after 6 months and now they're not even answering the phone.Was supposed to be delivered on Sunday (2nd shot at delivery btw) and it didn't turn up again,and nobody has even bothered their backsides to contact me.
Has anyone had a delivery off them recently?If anyone else has an order in with them that they've paid for I'd be very worried indeed.

1Goodygumdrops said:
How strange.That must have been very recent,I'm still waiting on my tank after 6 months and now they're not even answering the phone.Was supposed to be delivered on Sunday (2nd shot at delivery btw) and it didn't turn up again,and nobody has even bothered their backsides to contact me.

This is not uncommon for them from what I gather from reading various people's experiences across several forums

There have been several people who have had to wait a long while for their aquariums to be built. Most seem to be delighted with thier eventual finished product. Six months however would be rather too long, unless there is good reason such as if you had been making changes to the design.

It's not the wait as such,it's the lack of communication.What would that tell you if you paid £750 for a tank 6 months ago,it fails to turn up twice,and they don't even offer an explanation,apart from the fact that I am an absolute fool.I tried to phone all day on Monday and they wouldn't pick up,and they're not answering emails either,then I come on here and find they're no longer a sponsor????

If it were me they would have had court letters by now...

Half of me just wants to get visa to give us the money back,but the other half thinks I really should go down the small claims route,at least that way they'll have a black mark against their credit rating.Another day and still no contact.

Hi Folks, sorry for my lack of response about where they've gone. They have not gone bust or similar, they simply don't want to continue with their sponsorship.

We've done all we can to support Aquariums Limited as their products are great, sadly their customer service just isn't up to scratch, as many of you well know!

Best of luck Goodgumdrops, I hope it works out OK.

I have heard wonders about theirs tanks, but £750 is a lot of money to have tied up, and then even worse not to have some form of a contact.

They should do what some other places do, take a deposit, then when the items delivered and everyone happy, the funds are released.

If even before you get the tank you do not get good service, imagine if something goes wrong. :)

You're right Dan their customer service is appauling, I'm still waiting nearly 12months on for them to fix my tank that arrived with the door damaged.

Well,we have contact,going to get a refund and they were pretty upfront about problems in the business.I really should never have paid the full amount upfront though and please,anyone,think twice before doing this.
This still leaves me a problem though,I have 4 angels getting huge in a 125,I NEED a new tank,I WANT a nice tank.Had the floor all done,reinforced etc for this one coming and I am SOOOO disappointed now.
I aint going through all this again just now as I get married in 4 weeks,but after that,where on earth can I buy a tank to similar spec?

1Goodygumdrops said:
Well,we have contact,going to get a refund and they were pretty upfront about problems in the business.I really should never have paid the full amount upfront though and please,anyone,think twice before doing this.
This still leaves me a problem though,I have 4 angels getting huge in a 125,I NEED a new tank,I WANT a nice tank.Had the floor all done,reinforced etc for this one coming and I am SOOOO disappointed now.
I aint going through all this again just now as I get married in 4 weeks,but after that,where on earth can I buy a tank to similar spec?

How about talking to ACS (Aquarium Cabinet Solutions), they are popular on the Marine/reef front and seem flexible with thier designs. They also seem to be good at communicating. :D

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=66cdf1117098ec9549544bd0306e4390&f=521

Coventry Aquatics have thier very popular Godiva range and also can make Opti white, I am not sure how bespoke they can go on their designs though.

Also why not speak to TGM who are geared for the Aquascaping hobby and while maybe a bit more expensive (im not sure on that) you will get your tank in weeks, 2-3 at the last comment I saw on the sponsor forum.

Tbh,I'd like to try and work this out,nutter that I am.But I will look at all of these suggestions,I've seen another hopefulll,AC Aquatics who do very similar packages at really good prices,we'll see how this pans out over the next few days.(Off to look at TGM)

Back