• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascape complete...now how to get perfect conditions?

Richard40

Hi all, recently done a new aquascape with Tropica soil and plants with some driftwood. I had to do the scape with my fish as part of the process unfortunately. Since I did the scape on Saturday I’ve had CO2 running. My current light I’ve changed to about 6 hours in total at 50% pink, 50% cold white, 50% pure white and 50% warm white, 0% Blue on my Fluval Plant 3.0 light.

I did an 80% water change on Sat and since then have done two 50% water changes. I’ve Bought a Twinstar 600SA which should arrive at the weekend and also an Oase 600 Biomaster thermal which I’ll fit at the weekend with Aquascaper glass piping. It’s a 130 litre tank with mainly different varieties of tetra. What else could I do to make sure plant growth is good and the fish stay healthy?

Attachments

• DA351B36-C87C-4957-B727-A14808ECECB3.jpeg
    DA351B36-C87C-4957-B727-A14808ECECB3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 260
On the drop checker had to re do it tonight so currently blue.
Yes am dosing with 10ml TNC complete a day.

Noticed some of the leaves have wasted a way a little but getting some growth already.

a few ideas-

More stem plants

more midground plants.

move the carpet plants that are currently midground to the front.

floating plants will helps also.

S.

What plants do you recommend?

The Monte Carlo 1-2 Tropica is at the front, but quite a bit floated as didn’t root well.

I planted 7 Cryptocoryne Broad leaf in the mid ground but most of those have wasted away. Hopefully will come back though.

Plant deeper than you think. Tweezers at a 45 degree angle.. push a couple of times to let the soil fall through.
Check out balasz on any green aqua you tube video.it is the same with every motion and perfect.

H’ra for the background middle maybe. 3 X 1-2 grow pots.

S,repens for the midground- 2 X 1-2 grow pot.

1 X araguia or A R Mini for midground red.

Any crypts.

have a look what you like. Pack it with plants. Much more chance of success and more fun! :)

Cheers I’ll buy a few more and get planting. What about best carpet plant for the front?

Hi all, recently done a new aquascape with Tropica soil and plants with some driftwood. I had to do the scape with my fish as part of the process unfortunately. Since I did the scape on Saturday I’ve had CO2 running. My current light I’ve changed to about 6 hours in total at 50% pink, 50% cold white, 50% pure white and 50% warm white, 0% Blue on my Fluval Plant 3.0 light.

I did an 80% water change on Sat and since then have done two 50% water changes. I’ve Bought a Twinstar 600SA which should arrive at the weekend and also an Oase 600 Biomaster thermal which I’ll fit at the weekend with Aquascaper glass piping. It’s a 130 litre tank with mainly different varieties of tetra. What else could I do to make sure plant growth is good and the fish stay healthy?

Tropica soil puts out a fair bit of ammonia in the first few weeks, so make sure you keep up daily water changes and monitor ammonia if you have fish in there already.

How much % would you recommend each day? I’ve only done two 50% changes this last week since I did an 80% change to start

Back