Aquascape help please

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by fishkeeper, 13 Jun 2009.

1. fishkeeper

fishkeeper Member

Hi all.

In the next few months, Im going to redoing my tank and making a complete new aquascape. This is going to contain rocks and wood.

I honestly have no idea what to use though. Ive linked an image of one tank I love on here, and i would like to try and recreate this tank in a rio 125l. It will be much smaller but I hope, just as effective.

What rock and wood do you think I should use? I have been looking at Manziata driftwood and Ive asked a guy on APC some questions as Aaronnorth got his from the same guy.
    If a different wood is needed, is there anywhere I can get it in bulk in assortments so I can choose what I would like?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

P.S.William Fetue, I hope you don't mind me adding your tank into my post. Thanks

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

Manzanita or redmoor would be ideal. The reason i went for manzanita over redmoor was because of the price. I could of got 2, maybe 3 pices of redmoor for all the wood i recieved from the guy on APC!
    Tom Barr is sending some over so you might get a bit of that for even cheaper ;)

3. rawr

rawr Member

I think sumatra wood would be a nice one to use, most (if not all) Maidenhead Aquatics stock it.

4. fishkeeper

fishkeeper Member

Has anyone got ideas about the rock?

I was thinking, maybe mini landscape rock? or is there a better rock suited to my needs on AE? I can't go with mountain rock as the minimum is 10kg and I havent got too much cash as I fund all my tanks of my paper round :lol: