• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascape stores in and around London

Also went down to Aquatic Design Centre yesterday, bit more info for anyone considering a visit...
- Really great selection of fish, although clearly high turnover and lots of empty tanks, so probs ring ahead if you need something specific.
- Tons of plants in good condition, including pretty much full range of tropica 1-2-grow.
- Loads of Aquaone azalea pieces hanging from the roof, plenty to choose from.
- Other hardscape was a bit lacking (pic below) not really enough of any one type of rock for a full scape, so wouldn't recommend for this.

Overall worth a visit if you're nearby, the coral was quite stunning too!
IMG_20220122_160800.jpg

went down to Aquatic Design Centre yesterday
Thats my local, used to prefer their setup when they were in Portland Street, but now I can walk there instead ;)

Agree with everyone else ADC is probably your best bet but can be hit and miss

There isn't many options... I've never found the MAs near me to have much of anything when it comes to aquascaping (Morden, Merton, Ashtead, Crawley) but having said that I haven't been to any of them for 2+ years

Has anyone recently been to maidenhead aquatics in Cruise Hill (Enfield) ?

Went to MA Ashtead the other day. Saw some useful twig bits of Spider Wood? When the guy had finally found it on the till, he said it was £7.95. I must be getting old because I said I'm not paying 7.95 for a twig. I'll put it back!
We really should be figuring out what we can collect for ourselves and safely use. (Then sell it around the world as twigs!!)
I love getting aquatic stuff through the post from our sponsors but wood and rock is pretty touch and go.

Yes! I didn't see much in the way of aquascaping stuff but there was some hardscape, some plants and a reasonable selection of fish.
Thanks. I am planning to visit there tomorrow with the kids. Last time I went was over 12 years ago when I stopped scaping. Im actually after some fish this time round. Will be a nice change compare to wembley hopefully!

I totally forgot about wildwoods!!! Wife and kids tagged along and we ended up spending an hour in the nurseries and bought lots of garden plants. So the trip wasnt that bad. I bought 20 beunos aires tetras, 5 ottos. Tetras were added to my 350l and the ottos into the 25l. :)

Not so much to do with aquascaping but the Aquatic Design Centre had some really nice fish when I was there last week including:

Zebra Otocinclus
Nannostomus Rubrocaudatus
Krobia Xinguensis
Nannoptopoma sp Peru (personal favourite... quirky little things)
Loads of lesser seen tetras (I picked up a good number of Amapa Tetras)

Some of the above were out the back in QT but are ready to go they just didn't have any space on the shop floor when I was there...

Really good selection if you're into your South American fish

Nice surprise as hadn't been there for a few years

Back