• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascape V2

ollie123

20221113_194609.jpg
So this is my second attempt of a planted aquarium. My first was a high tec tank, daily ferts and co2 etc. I was more then happy with it for 1 year plus, beautiful and healthy plant growth as expected. Unfortunately when on holiday late last year the co2 was running low and dumped the remaining into the tank. Luckily my neighbour caught it in time and saved the day for the remaining fish from their horrendous fate.
After that I decided not to replace the co2 and this led to the down fall of the scape (BBA beyond belief).

Around a month ago, I decided to give it another go but this time go for all easy plants such as an array of stems and Buce. The stems are planted in bags of aqua soil topped with sand and the buce on wood and rock (as usual). I have 2 x Fluval 3.0 lights, back set to 50% and the front to 20%. I have since left the tank to its own devices and haven't dosed any ferts or set up co2 which I have all ready and waiting if I decide to go back down the high tec route.
My question is, will leaving it be apart from weekly maintenance with a 50% water change and the occasional trim lead me to problems with poor plant health and algae? The aquarium is heavily stocked and was thinking this may be enough for the epiphyte plants to live a healthy life.
I understand 4 weeks is little to no time to tell but so far plants look great, with no algae.
Am I being extremely optimistic and pushing back the inevitable?

Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts who may have gone down a similar route!
20221113_194619.jpg

Attachments

• 20221110_211931.jpg
    20221110_211931.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
Back