• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaper 900 - Comeback Lockdown Tank :)

Light spillover seems to be a big issue these days. Better lensing could improve but could cause color shadows inside the tank. Maybe a light design should be hang it really high with very focussed beams. I'd rather my light be up in the ceiling than near the tank for aesthetic reasons.

Light spillover seems to be a big issue these days. Better lensing could improve but could cause color shadows inside the tank. Maybe a light design should be hang it really high with very focussed beams. I'd rather my light be up in the ceiling than near the tank for aesthetic reasons.
Yeah, not really happy with it but either that or when I am in the living room I have to turn the tank off, which is not great either! Weird light cycles and I can't enjoy the tank while I am there!
Guess it's time to think of an alternative solution! Or ditch open tops altogether!

Watching this thread with interest for future plans. Loving the look of the tank and gotta love those buces.

Watching this thread with interest for future plans. Loving the look of the tank and gotta love those buces.
Many thanks :) I have just placed an order for a few more Buces :rolleyes::rolleyes: just can't resist! :)

Many thanks :) I have just placed an order for a few more Buces :rolleyes::rolleyes: just can't resist! :)
Yeah your lovimg them buces at the minite, must admit i do aswel just a nice slow grower.

Keep the updates coming mate seems to be ticking along nicely.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

when I am in the living room I have to turn the tank off, which is not great either!
Yeah this happens to me because family switch off the lights to the tank when they watch movies etc and don't bother to turn it back on. Also they spook the fish by suddenly turning lights on and off. :banghead:

A slight tilt mechanism to the light might be helpful. I think the Chinese are on to this already. Some aliexpress lights can be tilted.

A slight tilt mechanism to the light might be helpful. I think the Chinese are on to this already. Some aliexpress lights can be tilted.
My solution is working a treat :) now I can leave the tank on much later which doesn't disturb me watching TV, and I can glance at the tank once in a while :rolleyes:;)

Any updates mate
Haha you are keen, not a lot has changed in the last week, few things that changed:

- Added some Buces ( 2 Tropica red, 1 Aquafleur Theia Red and one Tropica Kedagang) hopefully not too many!
- Moves some Buces around
- replaced my ADA Beetle CO2 diffuser with a Twinstar CO2 diffuser, had to reduce the CO2 pressure by half, really effective the Twinstar and a very fine mist of CO2, going to ditch the ADA and get another Twinstar and alternate between cleans.
- Had quite a few gaps on the back right-hand side carpet so planted an extra pot of hairgrass in that corner.
- Stems are growing pretty well, looks like I have to start thinking about giving them a trim soon.

I posted a quick video on YouTube, raw out of the phone, need to work out how to edit videos next! lol

Thanks for looking :)

Yes i am keen to see your progress Wow thats looking great,great growth on the stems and never too many buce , the twinstar is a great diffuser i have the small one on my 45p and never had any problems at all, i am going to be going inline with my 900 though so hopefully works out ok and the cloudiness doesnt bother me like last time before i went to intank diffuser

Looking brilliant paulo
Dean

Today managed to edit this template for the thickness of my glass, works out a treat for the dosing tube:

3D printed on clear PLA filament:

106117513_312267983477615_1036057189601401394_n.jpg

Really simple and out of the way :)

Side shot from the right-hand side, taken at the weekend, today some stems have reached the surface! Guess I will have to chop them at the weekend!

103139093_3257893514250513_3015409302165735300_o.jpg

Lovely colours there paulo you must be happy and great growth, i love rotala but such a fast grower thats only thing, it keeps getting out of hand for me as dont want to be trimming weekly so with my 900 what arrives next week i will have to think longer about spacing when plant it up and make sure leave room to grow and not take over etc as so dence when replanting tops but hard to keep ontop of it.

Looking great though mate

not a lot has changed in the last week
Erm, apart from 19 foot of stem growth! :lol:
Looks great, and like the auto doser tube fixing :cool: Just got myself an auto doser from Andrew Butler, it might just sit in the cupboard tbh but had considered buying some glass u bends to go over the rim.

tbh but had considered buying some glass u bends to go over the rim.
Usually too long and go into the water, you don't want the tube ends in the water as it may take back water!
I can print some for you if you like, just PM me your glass size ;) they are quick to print and use very little filament!

Today managed to edit this template for the thickness of my glass, works out a treat for the dosing tube:

3D printed on clear PLA filament:

View attachment 151356

Really simple and out of the way :)

I think PLA will absorb quite a lot of moisture over time, I used PLA to build something very similar (clips for dosing and temperature) and over a year they did swell and were above water

I think PLA will absorb quite a lot of moisture over time, I used PLA to build something very similar (clips for dosing and temperature) and over a year they did swell and were above water
Thanks for the heads up! that could be an issue long term I guess! lets wait and see! my printer doesnt do PETG! :(

Usually too long and go into the water, you don't want the tube ends in the water as it may take back water!
I can print some for you if you like, just PM me your glass size ;) they are quick to print and use very little filament!
Thanks Paulo, yeah your right, don’t want a back flow. I’ll let you know if I ever get round to actually installing the auto doser :thumbup:

Back