• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaper wannabe (Scotland)

Kalum

Evening all, been lurking making use of all info on here for the past few weeks while I'm setting up my first proper (albeit small) tank so thought I'd say hello rather than just hiding in the background.

Tank is a Superfish Home 60, talked into it after it got a decent review from George Farmer as an entry level setup. Plans are to build the tank around a bonsai tree and a betta so everything else will try to fit in and be tailored to them.

Currently in the middle of my fishless cycle with both nitrites and nitrates spiking so doing the balancing act of daily water changes to bring the nitrites below 5ppm while dosing up to 2ppm of ammonia to keep the cycle going.

Will add a few more details later but a few pics to keep this from being too boring...

Interpet nano 12L which is going to be my quarantine tank but currently short term home to my betta, next to my Home 60
20180109_095856-1512x1254.jpg

The big man
20180108_231921.jpg

Current WIP tank layout looking a bit bare (changing every few days at present as I get more ideas)
20180106_131321-2016x1512.jpg

Bonsai which will be prepped with Filter sponge and awaiting my fissidens fontanus (phoenix moss) arriving.
20180105_200116-1512x2016.jpg

Also planing a Christmas moss wall on the side of my filter on the right (only on the inside of it so it doesn't take over and block any ciculation)

Last edited:
fixed the photobucket links by just uploading direct to site as i din't realise they hold you to ransom for hosting pics these days....images are huge so apologies as they were uploaded from mobile (will try and sort later if there's an easy way via mobile)

All fixed now so should view better, thanks Paraguay

Welcome@Ukaps!

Sadly a lot of "old forum pics" are gone this way too:(:banghead:

Cheers Edvet, yeh it's a shame as a lot of useful info has been 'lost' in historical threads that would help newbs like myself

Back