• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaper

Carl825

Hi,

This may have been asked before but I`m about to take the plunge on a rimless tank - never had one before but just prefer the look.........I did once have a 5ft discus tank with pelmet and open
top and came down in the morning to find our patio door streaming with water (tank temp was 30 degrees!) so basically I`m asking has anyone had any condensation issues with the aquascaper
style tanks if so any actual nice looking cover solutions! - Thanks in advance :)

With the exception planted discus aquariums I think most of us run our tanks at 22-23 degrees. Which is just above most people's room temp. I have a aquascaper 900 and run mine at 22, I do loose water throughout the week mainly due to my heating being on I think but I've never had any condensation on my windows or noticed any problems with the evaporation.

I agree with the above, this can be solved with adequate ventilation. The average human apparently expels 2-3 glasses of water vapour overnight.

All my tanks are open top and I don't have any issues (4 tanks currently), but then all my tanks are run at room temp so less evap. As above good ventilation should stop all condensation issues.

I do have issues with evaporation and condensation issues but that's not the tanks fault and it's most prevelant in winter. My tank is situated in the extended part of the house which gets colder than the rest of the house over night so i get a lot of evaporation late night. The extention was probably poorly done so there was condensation issues already in the window area, and my tank adds massively to that problem even with ventilation etc. Im considering buying a dehumidifier so i can suck the water out the air....

Back