• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascapes 2003 to present

Re: Seven years of 'scaping - updated Feb '10

Just a quick question, what lighting are you running on the fluval tank with the planted marine setup on page one?

Sam.

Planted marine is very cool a first on this board I think, or did Tom Barr post one up before, can't remember, either way a great collection of aquascapes some beautys in there :clap:

George Farmer said:
Just added another ten 'scapes to the original post.

Ten! :eek:
and all scorchers! :D

I like them all, but the planted marine stands out the most for me. Like Peter says, it is not something you see often (if at all).

Seen some of your work at PKF.. :) the white cloud minow is just amazing.

Now the boring questions, if you don't mind.

How do you keep you "mother Microsorium" so healthy looking?

And on Dutch Flavour, what is the name of the red plant on the top left corner?

Wow George... truly stunning scapes, especially the marine which is a lot different compared to the others you've done so far. Makes me rethink my plan to do a Lake Malawi/Tanganyika style cichlid tank :rolleyes:

Thanks for the lovely comments, all!

Sounds like there's a lot of interest in the planted marine so I'll try to get a thread dedicated to it a some point.

Spanerman said:
Just a quick question, what lighting are you running on the fluval tank with the planted marine setup on page one?
Hi Sam,

2 x 18w T8 and 2 x TMC Aquaray 500 LED.

ghostsword said:
How do you keep you "mother Microsorium" so healthy looking?

And on Dutch Flavour, what is the name of the red plant on the top left corner?
Hi Luis

'Mother Microsorium' was my first real venture into EI. Interesting I did not have high circulation levels (probably about 4x turnover) and I did not run 30ppm CO2 (probably around 20ppm). It remains one of my favourite 'scapes, not only for the aesthetics, but because I learnt a lot about the hobby through it.

Re. 'Dutch Flavour' - there's a red vallis on the left and Rotala rotundifolia on the right.

Thanks again! :D

Thanks George,
'Mother Microsorium' was my first real venture into EI. Interesting I did not have high circulation levels (probably about 4x turnover) and I did not run 30ppm CO2 (probably around 20ppm). It remains one of my favourite 'scapes, not only for the aesthetics, but because I learnt a lot about the hobby through it.

It is for sure an amazing looking scape, so clean and green.. :) Let's see if EI does the same for my Fern. :)

~Thanks for the reply.

Hello George
I'm a newbie to this forum and I have just seen your 'scaping' and I am 'wowed'. :clap:

They are so beautiful! :)

You are very talented (blessed). I'm still learning in this 'water scaping', but have kept fish for a number of years.

Shelldweller Sanctuary is outstanding George, the match of the substrate lines to the rock shapes works amazingly. The whole scape just works perfectly even with the lack of plants.

my personal favourite has got to be 'The Shade'
Would love to read the journal if there is one, anyone got a link for it?
did a search but got nothing :(
cheers

I love this one:
Meadow Zephyr

What plants are you using ?

Thanks, all! :D

Ark said:
my personal favourite has got to be 'The Shade'
Would love to read the journal if there is one, anyone got a link for it?
did a search but got nothing :(
cheers
I didn't run a journal on this. It did evolve over an 18 month period, starting off as a basic community planted tank for my eldest daughter, then eventually turned into a low maintenance SE Asian based layout.

There's a short clip on You Tube.

theDiver said:
I love this one:
Meadow Zephyr

What plants are you using ?
Dwarf riccia and Eleocharis acicularis. My first ever attempt at both a nano and Iwagumi.

Thanks again.

Love them all! I'm so proud to be in your forum :)

Hi george,looking through this again i noticed your marine setup that Sam now has,could you give me some details about it and the plants/seaweed :lol: ,i just showed it to Ann,and this was her response,now that i do like why dont you try and do a setup like that,also the size is perfect for where it would go in the dinning area,
Harlequin haven is my fav planted :thumbup: ,
regards john.

Re: Seven years of 'scaping - updated May '10

my favourite is Mother Microsorium. I also like harlequin's Haven. All very good though, I have a long way to go before getting anywhere near those scapes.

hey hello....thanks for sharing such beautifula nd pretty pictures........these pictures are really informative and pretty....
do share more with us....thanks

love the WCMM, remember seeing this on in PFK and it taking me back to my coldwater days. Love the living room tank aswell. Thanks for sharing George.

Don't know why but English Lake is the most lighty, simpliest and strong aquascape I had ever seen...

Like some other mineral and biotope from your creation George...so far from Amano and from Dutch school, so not "deja vu"....sound like and english school is born....

keep up your amazing work

cheers from France

Back