• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascapes 2003 to present

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Re: Six years of 'scaping

Nice post, George.

My favourites have to be:

- The Shade
- Blyxa Hills
- Mother Microsorum
- Little Mountain
- Harlequins Haven
- English Summer

There's just aspects from all of them that I love.

You've certainly had a great six years and you've made some brilliant acievements. Each of your scapes seem to have the George Farmer stamp! Long may it continue, eh. ;)

All spectacular George. To tell the truth I like the first one if nothing else but for the variation of texture and color. I'm finding the SE Asian Matrix is overwhelmingly green I'm afraid (no less spectacular though). :p

Cheers mate!

Some top scaping there..... hats of to you.... wish i was as creative.....

Goodygumdrops said:
Beautiful,and you also have very well behaved fish!!

HA HA its soooo true... mine never shoal for a photo....

nice george, nice! you do jungle well!
i tried a similar thread, but it got completey hijacked :? 1 years scaping, or something similar.

keep going matey!

the best imo is 'mother microsorium' how on earth did you get a massive java fern like that! many many great scapes there though.

Nick16 said:
the best imo is 'mother microsorium' how on earth did you get a massive java fern like that! many many great scapes there though.

That fern was something like 10 years old if I remember.

Meadow Zephyr and South East Asia are my favorites, but all of them are good excepts the first one. :D

I personally think you use P. helferi a little too much in your 'scapes - It's a beatyful plant, but IMO it doesn't fits in nature aquarias because it does'nt remind me of any terrestial plant. But thats just my personal opinion.:)

Mother Microsorum was the first scape I ever saw that made me say 'I want one of those'. I had seen planted tanks before but they all looked so 'busy' and elaborate. Then I saw this nice clean, simple and lush scape and thought 'That guy understands that you don't have to go so over the top'

'The shade' is actually the tank I wanted to emulate but got sidetracked along the way. lol

I like most of the others but my favourite from all of them would be English Summer because it is just looks perfect to me. Simple looking in comparison to the ever increasing 'over the top' scapes we see nowadays and just looks like the lushest ever.

AC

A friend showed me a picture of 'Mother Microsorium' in a PFK issue, before then i had never owned a tank. It was from that day I decided to try the planted tank theme myself.

Thx George

:D

Mark

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

JEK said:
I personally think you use P. helferi a little too much in your 'scapes - It's a beatyful plant, but IMO it doesn't fits in nature aquarias because it does'nt remind me of any terrestial plant. But thats just my personal opinion.

That's an interesting comment and one I've not considered before - thanks.

I love the plant and actually like the way it's pretty unique. Sure, I love Nature Aquariums but like to put my own twist on the concept.

You may notice I don't use moss either....

George Farmer said:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

JEK said:
I personally think you use P. helferi a little too much in your 'scapes - It's a beatyful plant, but IMO it doesn't fits in nature aquarias because it does'nt remind me of any terrestial plant. But thats just my personal opinion.

That's an interesting comment and one I've not considered before - thanks.

I love the plant and actually like the way it's pretty unique. Sure, I love Nature Aquariums but like to put my own twist on the concept.

You may notice I don't use moss either....

I like you style, it would be rahter boring if everyone made 'scapes in exactly the same style as Amano. :D
But to rank higher in IALPC I think it would help if you used more dominating hardscape, moss and no P. helferi.;)

JEK said:
I like you style, it would be rahter boring if everyone made 'scapes in exactly the same style as Amano. :D

personally i think it's an achievement to even come close to an amano style scape.

JEK said:
But to rank higher in IALPC I think it would help if you used more dominating hardscape,

Nature Aquarium World book one page 52 ;)

Back