• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping aftermath

Fred13

Hello,

I would like to attach 2 photos of my tank before i shut it down and move on to my next scape..

One photo from day 1 and another one from now..

I will be glad if you tell me what mistakes you see and what you would do differently ..
I want to get better at my next scape so any advice is useful!

Attachments

• IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
Fred

Fred%201.11.18%20_edited-1.jpg

Over all its an interesting tank to look at.
Yes there are concerns but nothing major.

As far as "Focal Points" you are no where near them.

Its rather flat but the various plant height hides it yet it is interesting plat lay out.

The DW could have had moss growing in them as they look rather bare.

How to improve your Aquascaping that easy its called Research and "Practice" plus, plenty of it.
My suggestion would be build a mock tank and get your hardscape perfect first with the materials you have.

Keith:wave::wave:

I like what you have there Fred. But adding to what Keith said more similar wood together to the rule of thirds with moss instead of single pieces to the left or right. As George Farmer does. ,That single piece is little to central, the Mark Evans journal reminded by Iain Sutherland for inspiration and a scapebox tryout for your next tank ? The planting in your present tank is great

Fred

Fred%201.11.18%20_edited-1.jpg

Over all its an interesting tank to look at.
Yes there are concerns but nothing major.

As far as "Focal Points" you are no where near them.

Its rather flat but the various plant height hides it yet it is interesting plat lay out.

The DW could have had moss growing in them as they look rather bare.

How to improve your Aquascaping that easy its called Research and "Practice" plus, plenty of it.
My suggestion would be build a mock tank and get your hardscape perfect first with the materials you have.

Keith:wave::wave:
I like what you have there Fred. But adding to what Keith said more similar wood together to the rule of thirds with moss instead of single pieces to the left or right. As George Farmer does. ,That single piece is little to central, the Mark Evans journal reminded by Iain Sutherland for inspiration and a scapebox tryout for your next tank ? The planting in your present tank is great

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions!
Funny thing is that i tried to apply the rule of thirds by adding the ludwigia glandulosa at the right side and this path (which is invinsible now ) at the left.
I believe that my wood choise isnt the best i could find and probably those straight lines didnt help me to set focal points..

Its something I find a bit difficult as wood out of tank can look different in. The red plant as a focal point, maybe take your time with the wood in the mock tank when your happy with then plant . Get moss tied on your wood is a nice look too, Keith I think suggested on occasion a drawing for your planting and photograh the mock tank as you go along

Back