• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping books!

Wayney

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but is there any decent aquascaping reading material on the market as I'm trying to nerd-up on as much as possible before starting my first scape. Thanks :D

Hi,

Take a look at Takashi Amanos 'Nature aquarium world' books. They are a little dated now but I think im right in saying that they were the inspiration for a lot of us using this forum.

Or take a look here http://www.cau-aqua.net/index.php?lang=en

Enjoy

Hi,

The 5 English aquajournals are a great buy, you can get them from both our sponsors. All of the amano books.
Have a look through our links page, there are quite a few links for good inspiration, planter posted just one of them.
Have a look at the aquatic gardeners assosiation website and the compotitons, there are countless scapes to study and the judges comments are worth reading.

Graeme.

Thanks Graeme,

I've been looking at all the AGA competition entries from about 2000 onwards and all I can say is WOW!!!!
Absolutely stunning scapes(including George's entries) :D

Shameless plug time...

Every month I feature a Great Planted Tank in PFK magazine. I interview talented aquascapers and photos of their tanks are featured. So far we've had Peter Kirwan (zig from UKAPS), Tom Messanger (UKAPS) and Roy Deki (US).

Future features will include Steven Chong (US/Japan), Tom Barr (US), Dan Crawford (UKAPS founder) and plenty more.

George Farmer said:
Shameless plug time...

Every month I feature a Great Planted Tank in PFK magazine. I interview talented aquascapers and photos of their tanks are featured. So far we've had Peter Kirwan (zig from UKAPS), Tom Messanger (UKAPS) and Roy Deki (US).

Future features will include Steven Chong (US/Japan), Tom Barr (US), Dan Crawford (UKAPS founder) and plenty more.

Nowt wrong with the odd plug here and there George 8) The great planted tank feature is one of the main reasons i buy PFK every month, long may it continue as well :)

cichlidsrgr8 said:
George Farmer said:
Shameless plug time...

Nowt wrong with the odd plug here and there George 8) The great planted tank feature is one of the main reasons i buy PFK every month, long may it continue as well :)

Why, thank you kind sir.

George Farmer said:
Shameless plug time...

I guess you have to achieve something outstanding to be interviewed :)

Graeme Edwards said:
The 5 English aquajournals are a great buy,
Which issues are in english? Might order a couple in my next AE order! Thanks

TGM have the 5 copies that are in english as well. I'm not sure if AE have got them at the mo :)

LondonDragon said:
Graeme Edwards said:
The 5 English aquajournals are a great buy,
Which issues are in english? Might order a couple in my next AE order! Thanks

Both our sponsors are the only place im aware you can get them, go online or give them a ring, I have no dout they will help you get all 5! Must haves for the serious scaper!

Cheers.

Back