• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping Juwel Trigon 190 Corner Tank

alginonuk

Seedling
Hi

What style of aquascaping is best suited to a corner tank (Juwel Trigon 190), I haven't been too impressed with the examples I have found online. I'm interested to see how people would tackle this, especially Juri.

I've been reading the CAU webpage after finding a link on this webpage

http://www.cau-aqua.net/index.php?op...d=18&Itemid=40

As a side question I am going to get a Dennerle Nano Cube 60L as a starting project just to get into aquascaping. I was planning on doing a Triangle Mound. Are there any other forms that would really work with the Cube. Again Juri I saw a Nano Cube you did on a nother post that looked very good, think it was more of a mound.

Thanks
James

No replies??

There must be a few trigons out there...

Heres some pics of mine I have been avoiding posting for so long since I am a begginer and it's my first propper go, i'm no expert, still got some gaps to fill too, and certainly no photographer so apologies for the picture quality... excuses excuses. :rolleyes:

DSCN3298.jpg

needs a trim too...

DSCN3296.jpg

Also heres a vid I found on you tube ages ago, Posted it once before on here, but here it is..

I think it's a lovely tank! Well done!!

this is my 350 re-scaped in the last week or so, may or may not be to your taste. I find that the corner tanks benefit from a sloped substrate, either up to the back or over to one side; otherwise it looks flat and awkward if just kept to the same level.

Also, it's very difficult to get away from a centre bit of attention in these tanks; I opted to go for manzanita reaching out from the back, as i felt it worked and couldn't envisage another way of doing it.

Anyway I hope my picture either helps to inspire for or against the type of aqauscape you go for :) all plants in mine are anubias, java, and amazon sword; as the difficulty in reaching parts of the tank, ruled out the more delicate plant types deserving of trimming etc

Attachments

• finished scape, still cloudy re-sized.jpg
    finished scape, still cloudy re-sized.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 1,529
Back