• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping regrets?

I wish I'd known to use a compost mix under my sand, John Innes, clay, zeolite, etc. I have it in my small tank and the plants seem much happier. I've learnt to see aquarium keeping as more like gardening, and it feels more natural to have soil.

. The sand on top I love, but better earth below.
Yes I wish I'd put much more aquasoil under my JBL mandano substrate. At least two inches over the whole base for me next time.

Tearing down my "First planted tank - Never ending Journal" should have still be running today!! ;)
Then leaving my new A900 empty in my living room for years before I decided to get back to scaping it!

(1) Too many people involved in 'making an art' of whom large majority have no clue of aesthetics.
(2) Distracting attention from fish, plants and biology towards unnatural creations - landscape emulations, underwater gardens, etc.

(1) Too many people involved in 'making an art' of whom large majority have no clue of aesthetics.
(2) Distracting attention from fish, plants and biology towards unnatural creations - landscape emulations, underwater gardens, etc.

I think the thread is supposed to be for posting things you personally regret having done or not done in the hobby @_Maq_ , rather than a list of things you don’t like about it 😂

Even nature has a sense of humour about aesthetics. Just look at some of its current evolutionarily fittest species:

1659558993268.jpeg

I think the thread is supposed to be for posting things you personally regret having done

1659559299222.jpeg

Back